What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Each to their own, and no offence to anyone above, but I did watch TG last night whilst waiting for Ms Keeler to arrive on screen, and I thought it was just about fit for a young teenage audience.

Maybe I'm just getting old and stuffy but it didn't work for me. :rolleyes:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just watched yesterday's Doctor Who - this is getting seriously good now. I liked last week's Tesla, Edison and space aliens story which was much better than many of the frankly poor recent stories but this week's was very very good with a fairly standard start feature galactic bounty hunters, the Junoon - then went off on a really gripping series of surprises and twists hinting at big stuff afoot for the rest of the season. This is back to greatness at last

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just watched yesterday's Doctor Who - this is getting seriously good now. I liked last week's Tesla, Edison and space aliens story which was much better than many of the frankly poor recent stories but this week's was very very good with a fairly standard start feature galactic bounty hunters, the Junoon - then went off on a really gripping series of surprises and twists hinting at big stuff afoot for the rest of the season. This is back to greatness at last

Yes, all well and good but where are the Daleks these days?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Yes, all well and good but where are the Daleks these days?

View attachment 502302
one of the reasons i gave up on Dr Who was because they kept bringing the Daleks and Cybermen back far too often. I was enjoying the first instalment of this series until it turned out to be The Master... again... [yawn]

On that... I might give the Tesla episode a go after @Profpointy's storming review.

Just finished The Mandalorian and thoroughly enjoyed it... take Clint Eastwood's man with no name, dress him in armour and drop him into the starwars universe. I used to think that Disney buying Lucasfilm was a terrible idea... but it's the best thing that's happened to the franchise :okay:

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
one of the reasons i gave up on Dr Who was because they kept bringing the Daleks and Cybermen back far too often. I was enjoying the first instalment of this series until it turned out to be The Master... again... [yawn]

On that... I might give the Tesla episode a go after @Profpointy's storming review.

Just finished The Mandalorian and thoroughly enjoyed it... take Clint Eastwood's man with no name, dress him in armour and drop him into the starwars universe. I used to think that Disney buying Lucasfilm was a terrible idea... but it's the best thing that's happened to the franchise :okay:

Hopefully I've not oversold the Tesla episode, but I did enjoy it and was certainly better than the very ropey ones I've sat through of late. Sunday's Judoon episode was great though

Watching the Monte Carlo rally, & both shocked & pleased in equal measures, by the crash of Ott Tänak & his co-driver; Martin Järveoja
:eek::eek::eek:

A hell of am 'off', but so damned pleased that they both self-extricated, & were passed okay, by medical teams

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfgtins1HC8

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Finished Giri / Haji on the IPlayer, 8 one hour episodes, would recommend. I liked the way the plot moved using flashbacks, unexpected turns and one scene in the last episode is a complete what am I watching moment.
I enjoyed it too. Agree on the scene I presume you are talking about, when they were all up on the roof!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I didn't watch any TV last night, but I read that Mrs. Brown's Boys had (once again) won Best Comedy at the NTAs.

Ahead of Derry Girls, After Life, Fleabag and Sex Education.

Truly baffling.
That's awards ceremonies for you... at the end of the day, they're not designed to praise the best of the best, they're events designed to make lots and lots of money for the organisers.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
That's awards ceremonies for you... at the end of the day, they're not designed to praise the best of the best, they're events designed to make lots and lots of money for the organisers.

Well yes, I understand that, but unlike other awards ceremonies I believe the NTAs are a public vote?

Which proves, if other recent elections weren't evidence enough, that the public are not to be trusted.

Top Bottom