What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
After watching numerous series and films about drug cartels lately, i was going to have a break from this genre for a while. But then i came across 'Surviving Escobar : Alias JJ' on Netflix last night. Another Spanish series with English subtitles, about one of Escobar's hit men being in prison after Escobar had been killed.
Only one episode in and i'm hooked already. Gonna take some getting through with 60 X 1hr episodes.

I've really been into Narcos, Narcos Mexico and El Chapo, so this might be next.

Currently watching Season 2 Narcos Mexico, but also Hunters (fiction about Nazi hunters), and Altered Carbon, but I've started season 1 again from episode 4 as I really struggled to get into it and never finished Season 1. Also fancy watching Fox's new War of the Worlds - got to be better than BBC's.

Adam4868

Guru
The last episode of the series of Inside no9.
Didn't dissapoint !

Smudge

Veteran
I've really been into Narcos, Narcos Mexico and El Chapo, so this might be next.

Currently watching Season 2 Narcos Mexico, but also Hunters (fiction about Nazi hunters), and Altered Carbon, but I've started season 1 again from episode 4 as I really struggled to get into it and never finished Season 1. Also fancy watching Fox's new War of the Worlds - got to be better than BBC's.

Watched the second episode of Surviving Escobar last night. The only issue i'm having with it is the subtitles. There is a lot of fast moving dialogue and i find myself only reading the subtitles, sometimes not having enough time to read it before it starts more subtitles. I often dont have enough time to actually watch the action as well.
I never found this issue with Narcos, Narcos Mexico and El Chapo.

lane

Veteran
Drive to Survive - Netflix

Behind the scenes of the 2018 F1 season. I don’t watch F1, but this has an strange fascination.

Watched a bit yesterday evening. It's more interesting than normal F1 because they condense the few bits of interest and leave out the boring bits that constitute the majority of the race.

fossyant

Watched the second episode of Surviving Escobar last night. The only issue i'm having with it is the subtitles. There is a lot of fast moving dialogue and i find myself only reading the subtitles, sometimes not having enough time to read it before it starts more subtitles. I often dont have enough time to actually watch the action as well.
I never found this issue with Narcos, Narcos Mexico and El Chapo.

I realised in season 3 of El Chapo you could switch to English dubbing ! All of them had very deep voices !

Smudge

Veteran
I realised in season 3 of El Chapo you could switch to English dubbing ! All of them had very deep voices !

I've never liked English dubbing for foreign movies. Although i'd be tempted to try it for Surviving Escobar, but it doesn't seem to have that option.

fossyant

I've never liked English dubbing for foreign movies. Although i'd be tempted to try it for Surviving Escobar, but it doesn't seem to have that option.

Narco's didn't hav ethe option for dubbing either, but they have all worked in Spanish very well TBH. "Vaminos" as Dora the Explorer says - popular word on El Chapo.

I switched to the dubbing near the end of El Chapo Season 3 as I was watching it whilst Zwifting, and it just made concentrating a little easier.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
An old crime drama from London Weekend titled Villains (1972). After serving 2 years, a gang of bank robbers return to court after a new witness comes forward... they escape en-route. Each of the 13 episodes follows one person connected with the robbery, more often than not, one of the escaped villains. Packed with familiar faces including Martin Shaw, Bob Hoskins, David Daker and Paul Eddington... this is well written, well cast and suitably over-acted (I much prefer a theatrical production to gritty realism). Only five episodes in but so far, 8/10.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I couldn't sleep last night so I flicked through the channels on my Freeview box. Some of the higher number channels were basically ads for telephone sex lines. They all featured a woman wearing a thong and not much else gyrating her pelvis. Most had so many tattoos that they looked like navvies, others looked like they needed a good wash. I settled on BBC News in the end.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I couldn't sleep last night so I flicked through the channels on my Freeview box. Some of the higher number channels were basically ads for telephone sex lines. They all featured a woman wearing a thong and not much else gyrating her pelvis. Most had so many tattoos that they looked like navvies, others looked like they needed a good wash. I settled on BBC News in the end.
Welcome to the future, it’s been like that since 1995 when I first got SKY.
The 900 channels have always been interesting after 10pm.

Smudge

Veteran
I'm finding it hard to get into Surviving Escobar Alias JJ, so i've knocked it on the head for the time being.
Even though its been going for 9 years, i've never watched a single episode of Homeland. Watched the first 3 episodes of S1 on Netflix last night and was impressed. I'm amazed something this good has managed to pass me by.
So this will be the new binge watching show for the foreseeable.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm finding it hard to get into Surviving Escobar Alias JJ, so i've knocked it on the head for the time being.
Even though its been going for 9 years, i've never watched a single episode of Homeland. Watched the first 3 episodes of S1 on Netflix last night and was impressed. I'm amazed something this good has managed to pass me by.
So this will be the new binge watching show for the foreseeable.

:laugh: your ok for a few weeks quarantine then,highly addictive

Top Bottom