Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hybrid

• Grifter

• Other (please state)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
I voted Road because that's the one I like riding the most, but I have a hybrid and MTB too. :sad:

I'd some day like to add to the stable by acquiring a recumbent too, but that'll probably be later rather than sooner. :biggrin:

Oh, and welcome!

Cheers,
Shaun

Dave5N

Über Member
I haven't got a MTB because I prefer to go quick.

:sad: Not much locally a 'cross bike can't cope with.

dessertwarrior

Been riding a MTB with hybrid tyres for a few years, mainly to help stay fit. Found that I enjoy getting out & exploring the lanes & tracks around here, so decided to go for a proper road bike. Went for a Tricross to give me options to cover most bases. Looking to up my distances & work up to an Audax.

MTB still there for getting to/from work etc. - rigged out with guards & rack.

I'm a mountainbiker in my heart but rarely get my shoot together to actually ride my £3,000 Vertex. It's become a confection. I ride a made in India ladies Atlas three speed to work since I gave away my lecky bike in a moment of drunken stupidity. I would ride my Brompton but my best mate managed to 'lose' it when he was knocked off it and ended up in hospital in a permanent vegetative state. Twat.
What I really want is a tourer just like the one I bought in 1982 when I first got into it.

pzycoman

Not sure where my bike sits - it can be a road bike, but I mainly use it for TT's - quad spoked wheels, chicane extensions....lovely piece of kit. But I can take those bits off and I have normal wheels too...

Abitrary

mickle said:
=

I ride a made in India ladies Atlas three speed to work since I gave away my lecky bike in a moment of drunken stupidity. I would ride my Brompton but my best mate managed to 'lose' it when he was knocked off it and ended up in hospital in a permanent vegetative state. Twat.

Where is this bicycle wild west in which you live? I want to join. As long as I can be sheriff.

Odyssey said:
Being new to the forum it would be interesting to see what people mostly ride. I'm getting the impression that the majority may be 'roadies', but I could be wrong?

I'm an MTBer myself, all terrain, I'm not fussy. Keen to do some touring in the future. I like to have something you can throw about though so it would take a hell of a lot to convert me to road bikes, even hybrid.

You could have a browse here http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37
:smile:

MichaelM

Guru
1 x full sus mtb
1 X geared hardtail
1 x rigid SS mtb
1 x fixed road bike
1 x steel road bike (geared)

wouldn't mind a nice carbon road bike as well, or maybe Ti. And I rckon I could fit a touring bike into the garage somewhere as well.

And all of the above get used.

bonj2

me, mtb for fun, when weather's not totally shoot :biggrin:, and roadbike for commuting, but do also quite enjoy riding road bike.

Dave5N said:
I haven't got a MTB because I prefer to go quick.

:tongue: Not much locally a 'cross bike can't cope with.

Remind me where you live so I don't ever make the mistake of moving there? :smile:

Mortiroloboy

I ticked the road bike box, cos that's what I do mostly, but I have a basic Trek 6500 which I use when we all go out together along the canal (towpath)

hubgearfreak

Über Member
mickle said:
I would rather stick shitty needles in my eyes than ride a 'hybrid'.

if you were really faced with that decision, you'd find out that that's an exaggeration :biggrin:

as for me, my bike doesn't comfortably fit into any of those categories :smile:

Top Bottom