what tyres do you guys run?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lenny ayrshire

lenny ayrshire

Run them until they're knackered, then think about what you might want to change them to. Two reasons: firstly there's nothing wrong with them so it would be a waste of money and good rubber. Secondly, to use as a benchmark, same as with any "upgrade", if you've no experience how will you know that whatever you change them to is any better?
thats true i guess lol cheers for the tip

martint235

Dog on a bike
One thing to remember is you're going to get punctures. When you get a puncture on the Luganos you'll think "Darn, I got a puncture". If you move to Duranos or a.n. other tyre, when you get a puncture you'll think "Darn I got a puncture AND I paid £x for these cr**y tyres" particularly if it's raining at the time. And dark.

OP
OP
lenny ayrshire

lenny ayrshire

One thing to remember is you're going to get punctures. When you get a puncture on the Luganos you'll think "Darn, I got a puncture". If you move to Duranos or a.n. other tyre, when you get a puncture you'll think "Darn I got a puncture AND I paid £x for these cr**y tyres" particularly if it's raining at the time. And dark.
pmsl true pal!!!!

I never suffered any punctures with Lugano's in over 4000 miles, I only replaced them when they got thread bear. At the moment I have 700c*25mm Continental GP4000SII on one bike, which are brilliant for grip and roll, but shockingly average for puncture resistance, and a swap between Schwalbe Durano+ in a 700c*23mm and Continental GP4 seasons in a 700c*25mm on the other wheels / bike. The Durano+ are bullet proof from a puncture point of view, but the Conti's roll better / grip better.

MikeW-71

Veteran
schwalbe lugano just thot that was a standard thing to do when you got a bike?
I wouldn't change from the supplied tyres unless I thought they were abysmal after I'd tried them for a bit. I ran the Giant branded tyres (I think Kenda makes them) until they wore out, they were fine.

Then changed to Conti GP4000S, which are a good bit better. Those and GP 4 Seasons are now my go-to tyres.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
how many tubes should i carry?
I usually carry one and repair patches (I think it's often quicker to patch without removing the wheel). Most of my tyres are Lugano-level, with similar K-Guard protection, although I do have Durano-plus-level on the back wheels of heavy-hauling bikes.

potsy

Rambler
I ditched my Luganos as soon as I got the bike home, not so much because I didn't rate them, but having a few years experience of riding I now know what tyres I prefer to use.

Jimidh

Veteran
I've always swapped my new bikes onto Conti GPs4000s after a few weeks as I like the way they roll and grip the road.

Can't comment on your tyres but as others have said I'd keep them on for a few months and swap them over in the Spring if you still want to.

I also take a couple of spare tubes with me - never needed both but better to have that peace of mind that you'll get home.

Nice bike btw.

Citius

And no, it's not a standard thing to do when you get a bike. Some manufactures supply crap tyres, some manufactures supply good tyres.
The tyres on your bike will be fine for what you will be doing. No point paying out more money unless you really want to.

I dunno. Whenever I buy a new car, first thing I do is drive straight round to Kwik-Fit and get new tyres.. ;)

(I'm joking)

clid61

Veteran
You'll be just fine with the ones you have , tyres are a personal choice dependant on riding . Duranos on road bike and conti ultra sport on the cx bike. Off road on the cx bike land cruisers .

Top Bottom