what tyres do you guys run?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lenny ayrshire

lenny ayrshire

I've always swapped my new bikes onto Conti GPs4000s after a few weeks as I like the way they roll and grip the road.

Can't comment on your tyres but as others have said I'd keep them on for a few months and swap them over in the Spring if you still want to.

I also take a couple of spare tubes with me - never needed both but better to have that peace of mind that you'll get home.

Nice bike btw.
cheers pal best one ive owned normally go for carrera had a boardman hybrid hated it so went for this lol

ozboz

Guru
I got Ms ozboz a Cube road bike for Xmas , with recommendations from CC members I put Luganos on it no stopping or catching her now ! even in all this rain ,I'd say they are good value ,

T4tomo

Legendary Member
In a Conti 4seasons man, good for all year round and good puncture protection, grip and roll pretty well but not the lightest or fastest.

martint235

Dog on a bike
In a Conti 4seasons man, good for all year round and good puncture protection, grip and roll pretty well but not the lightest or fastest.
See that's why this is such a personal thing. I hated 4seasons, I found them very high maintenance in that if you didn't check them after every single ride it was puncture time.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have lugano 23's folding on my road bike ..i run them at 100psi as there a bit buzzy at 110+
Not had a puncture in a few hundred miles..they seem very good to me but ill get 25's next for more comfort

bpsmith

Veteran
I have had standard Giant tyres and also Hutchinson Equinix tyres fitted as standard on different bikes from new. Replaced both before worn out, as they didn't grip that well in the wet, especially on hills of any decent gradient. They had to go after that.

Have used Conti GP4000S and also Specialized S-Works Turbo, in Winter and Summer and grip has been amazing. Dare I say it, but no punctures in either in 4,000 or so miles. Probably asking for trouble now!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
See that's why this is such a personal thing. I hated 4seasons, I found them very high maintenance in that if you didn't check them after every single ride it was puncture time.
I'm not going to tell up you how many punctures I've had to avoid tempting fate. But I agree tyres are a very personal choice. You can have a bad day or bad luck on a good tyre and swear to never use them again. Possibly also depends on what roads you ride etc etc.

wonderloaf

Veteran
One thing to remember is you're going to get punctures. When you get a puncture on the Luganos you'll think "Darn, I got a puncture". If you move to Duranos or a.n. other tyre, when you get a puncture you'll think "Darn I got a puncture AND I paid £x for these cr**y tyres" particularly if it's raining at the time. And dark.
Just fitted some Lugano's: 3rd trip out and 2nd puncture so not impressed although thinking of it your way just made feel a little bit better! Fitted a Slime inner tube now to see if that makes any difference!

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Durano Plus's came with my bike and the bike nut i bought them from swore by them so +1 for Durano Plus's.

Commuted about a month or two on them and so far no problems.

Postmanhat

I treated myself to some Vittoria Open Corsa CX's a 1000 miles ago. No puntures despite riding some very agricultural country lanes. They are thrillingly fast downhill

I have had standard Giant tyres and also Hutchinson Equinix tyres fitted as standard on different bikes from new. Replaced both before worn out, as they didn't grip that well in the wet, especially on hills of any decent gradient. They had to go after that.

Have used Conti GP4000S and also Specialized S-Works Turbo, in Winter and Summer and grip has been amazing. Dare I say it, but no punctures in either in 4,000 or so miles. Probably asking for trouble now!

Yep, asking for trouble.

I'm averaging a fairy visit about every 300 miles since last Summer. Evenly spread across Gatorskins, GP4 Seasons, and Panaracer Evo 2 Ds. Only ones that haven't yet are the GP4000 II's ... but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Ratio is 2:1 rear to front. No obvious cause pattern (always well inflated etc), can't even blame London roads as the last one was on a bike that only ever sees country roads.

cuberider

Über Member
Schwalbe Ultremo ZX which I don't think are available anymore. I'm due to replace anytime soon but not sure which way to go.

BorderReiver

Veteran
I'm a Continental fan- I use GP4000s II in the Summer and Gatorskins in the Winter. Both last ages and I've either been lucky with visits from the punc***e fairy or they both offer a good amount of protection. The Grand Prix 4 Seasons are also a pretty good compromise if you don't want to mess about changing tyres for different seasons. All IMHO of course.

Top Bottom