what tyres do you guys run?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lenny ayrshire

hi guys looking at changing my stock tyres on my bike was looking for any advice in whats best to get cheers guys

Attachments

• 12096153_1120729071287697_4253228658974835336_n.jpg
    12096153_1120729071287697_4253228658974835336_n.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 85

Tim Hall

What do you feel is wrong with the tyres on there at the moment?

OP
OP
lenny ayrshire

lenny ayrshire

not much they are new ish like the bike got inverness etape in apil want to go prepared with good tyres its my first event

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
schwalbe lugano just thot that was a standard thing to do when you got a bike?

And no, it's not a standard thing to do when you get a bike. Some manufactures supply crap tyres, some manufactures supply good tyres.
The tyres on your bike will be fine for what you will be doing. No point paying out more money unless you really want to.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Nothing wrong with Luganos. I would use them until they wear out and then fit something else. I am currently using Vittoria Zaffiro Pro folding tyres 700 x 25 and like them.

OP
OP
lenny ayrshire

lenny ayrshire

I personally think they'll be fine, I even had a club race on a circuit on mine when it was lashing down and didn't have any issues.
thanks pal ill just see what they are like then going out first club runn week on sunday so time will tell lolhow many tubes should i carry?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Luganos aren't too bad.

I'd run them until you have issues with them and then look to change them.

I've used Rubinos in the past and they are pretty good. For fewer punctures I now run Duranos on both bikes.

OP
OP
lenny ayrshire

lenny ayrshire

And no, it's not a standard thing to do when you get a bike. Some manufactures supply crap tyres, some manufactures supply good tyres.
The tyres on your bike will be fine for what you will be doing. No point paying out more money unless you really want to.
thanks pal appreciate the advice

OP
OP
lenny ayrshire

lenny ayrshire

Luganos aren't too bad.

I'd run them until you have issues with them and then look to change them.

I've used Rubinos in the past and they are pretty good. For fewer punctures I now run Duranos on both bikes.
was looking at duranos read an online article on tryes cheers pal

winjim

Smash the cistern
schwalbe lugano just thot that was a standard thing to do when you got a bike?
Run them until they're knackered, then think about what you might want to change them to. Two reasons: firstly there's nothing wrong with them so it would be a waste of money and good rubber. Secondly, to use as a benchmark, same as with any "upgrade", if you've no experience how will you know that whatever you change them to is any better?

Top Bottom