what tyres do you guys run?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I seemed to have turned into the fairy's 'bestest friend'. 74km ride today in 0 degrees... 3 punctures. Fortunately the last one was very close to home as by then I was out of tubes.

RamirezAGC

I've found this site useful...of course it helps that they rate my favourite choice (GP4000 II) very highly.

http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/
Loving this site Spudge, I've spent ages looking at the various tyres and the reviews. Also funny to see my stock Lugano's are possibly the worst tyres he's reviewed. I think some GP 4000S II could be on the wish list when I can justify it.

Loving this site Spudge, I've spent ages looking at the various tyres and the reviews. Also funny to see my stock Lugano's are possibly the worst tyres he's reviewed. I think some GP 4000S II could be on the wish list when I can justify it.

Me too, I like their attitude and approach. A genuinely useful, if niche, site.

e-rider

crappy member
luganos are fair tyres for the price, and considering that if you are a mile muncher they will be worn out within 12 months I wouldn't bother changing them unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket.
But when you do replace them I like Conti GP4000s II or Michelin Pro4

Nibor

Bewildered
Currently running Vittoria Rubino 3 they get really good reviews and in my opinion are a great tyre and they are ridiculous value too.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Marathon Plusses for my commute since I've seen the light.
I've recently gone back to Durano Plus after puncturing M+ 3 times in as many months.

Lonestar

Veteran
I've recently gone back to Durano Plus after puncturing M+ 3 times in as many months.

Yup.worth considering I guess.Had a p+ on my first return commute this year.I was being a bit cocky about the no p+ last year though.:whistle:

Sort of like a reminder/wake up call.Just reminded me I can fix that tyre.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Too many tin boxes im my way for me to worry about that.:whistle:

Could always swap out to rubinos - 3 or 4 times cheaper than marathons and duranos.

Good quality tyres and cheaper to replace with a decent level of puncture resistance so long as you dont ride like a complete nobened and pretend youre a tank when rolling down urban roads with all sorts of shite in the gutter

Lonestar

Veteran
Could always swap out to rubinos - 3 or 4 times cheaper than marathons and duranos.

Good quality tyres and cheaper to replace with a decent level of puncture resistance so long as you dont ride like a complete nobened and pretend youre a tank when rolling down urban roads with all sorts of shite in the gutter

Not too worried about price...avoiding p+ is more important to me.(I wont say that word):wacko:

Top Bottom