What underwear, if any

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No underwear under lycra please.
I have a pair of bibshorts that are 95% fine, apart from a rather unfortunate semi-bald patch which would lead to me getting arrested if I wore them outdoors again without supplementation! I do agree that it is generally a good idea not to wear owt under lycra cycling kit, but I have a pair of tightish lycra boxers without seams in awkward places so I tried them under the see-through bibshorts and had no problems on a long ride.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Commando here too. Some of my more baggy shorts I have gotten away with it but only for a couple of miles. I just put the kacks back on in the toilets at work when I get changed. If you're going a couple of miles or more have a look at chamois cream too. Put a bit on the pad and it'll stop any chaffing on your lil gentry.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I have a pair of bibshorts that are 95% fine, apart from a rather unfortunate semi-bald patch which would lead to me getting arrested if I wore them outdoors again without supplementation! I do agree that it is generally a good idea not to wear owt under lycra cycling kit, but I have a pair of tightish lycra boxers without seams in awkward places so I tried them under the see-through bibshorts and had no problems on a long ride.

Marks and Spencers used to do some good lycra briefs. I could get away with them in the Gore Power bib tights, but the castelli were WAY too uncomfortable in them LOL

howdenbiker

I got home from work the other day and couldn't understand why I felt so uncomfortable realised when getting changed still had boxers on! enough said.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have a pair of bibshorts that are 95% fine, apart from a rather unfortunate semi-bald patch which would lead to me getting arrested if I wore them outdoors again without supplementation!

Yes I also have an old pair of shorts that have developed a see-through patch in a crucial spot and gone generally limp and lost their elasticity. They only get worn now as an under-short when I'm wearing bib tights in winter as I prefer to wash them than keep washing my best shorts; the hot caustic solution in the washing machine isn't good for lycra in the long term.

Top Bottom