What underwear, if any

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
When I made the jump to hyperspace and ditched underpants I noticed 2 things..
1, I stopped getting sore..
2, I get a very cold numb getleman sausage? Which im not keen on..dont happen with pants tho?
apart from that I think chamois creme is the muts nuts.;)

subaqua

What’s the point
nothing, if in lycra padded shorts . I do however wear baggy shorts over the lycra as I don't want to subject anybody to the horrors of me in lycra

Reactions: mjr

Venod

Eh up
None with most of my shorts & tights, but I have 2 pairs of Aldi tights were the insert does not come up the front very far (I think they are ladies) so I wear some tight seamless Primark (all my gear is quality !) boxers with them that don't cause a problem.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nothng.
The more worn and revealing pairs of shorts are now used as underwear when I'm wearing the Endura Humvees
Humvees come with detatchable short liners!

I also wear the worn bibshorts under bibtights on winter rides. Partly for extra insulation, and partly because the pad in the tights is a bit inadequate.

nothing, if in lycra padded shorts . I do however wear baggy shorts over the lycra as I don't want to subject anybody to the horrors of me in lycra
Lycra shorts only on the road bike (usually bibs) but then I'll be very close to it, usually sitting on it, all the time. Wouldn't venture into a shop for groceries like that - where would I put a baguette?
For everything else, baggies over them as you do.

Commando here as well :blush:

D

Deleted member 1258

I always wear underwear always have done, it doesn't matter if I'm commuting or doing an Audax, I've never worn padded shorts, I usually wear tight fitting running shorts or unpadded tights, Altura winter or summer cruisers, at the moment my favorite boxers for long rides are a tight fitting pair of Bamboo sports trunks, for commuting I just use ordinary cotton boxers.

sackville d

Veteran
Simple question, If people who ride bikes for a job for hundreds of miles every week (pros) dont wear briefs under shorts,isn`t that a bit of a give away?

I don`t know.Maybe there is a Ninja warrior out there who advises wearing Hi Viz ninja suits contrary to the accepted norm. It really is a funny old world you know.

@ColinJ ,keep on doing what your doing mate.You have special dispensation .

clay_bs7

Regular
I've been cycling for years, but only recently gave in to Lycra, as I was given some bibs and longs for a great deal. I wore the long lycra for the first time last weekend and wore underwear, but after reading this thread I will not be in the future!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Simple question, If people who ride bikes for a job for hundreds of miles every week (pros) dont wear briefs under shorts,isn`t that a bit of a give away?

I don`t know.Maybe there is a Ninja warrior out there who advises wearing Hi Viz ninja suits contrary to the accepted norm. It really is a funny old world you know.

@ColinJ ,keep on doing what your doing mate.You have special dispensation .
I do agree with 'commando' but it seems wasteful to sling a pair of otherwise good shorts because of one bald patch!

As mentioned above, the worn shorts get used under tights. I also wear them indoors when using my gym bike - being a sad loner, there are no people to scare when doing so, but I think I frightened the postman once when he knocked, mid training session! :laugh:

Top Bottom