Whats a good time for 13 miles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nkaj

Slightly over half of the distance on tarmac and the rest on dirt tracks and those kind of roads.Fairly hilly and on a mountain bike.When I first did it ,it took me just under an hour but when i did it now it took my 49 minutes.Is this a good time? I mean my average speed was about 15 something miles per hour but i would just like to know how this compares to some other peoples times.

Moi, Nkaj, mitta kulu? :laugh:

15 mph is a good average over that kind of terrain.

A lot depends on the conditions, your form and fitness, even mood, but to get an idea of a good average and improvement, then ride that route several times and see how and when you peak.

battered

Guru
15 mph is good. I used to average 14mph while commuting on a MTB, mostly tarmac like you, perfectly flat terrain. That was just commuting though, I wasn't timing it I was just pedalling along looking at the countryside. If you are trying hard then you'll go quicker. How much quicker depends on terrain etc. But 15mph is pretty good.

OP
OP
N

Nkaj

Dayvo said:
Moi, Nkaj, mitta kulu? :laugh:

15 mph is a good average over that kind of terrain.

A lot depends on the conditions, your form and fitness, even mood, but to get an idea of a good average and improvement, then ride that route several times and see how and when you peak.

Moi! Hyva kiitos,enta sinulle?

yeah well when i went on the same route a month or two ago with my dad it took me 57 minutes ,the next time i took 51 minutes and now 49 ...so i think im getting somewhere.Actually it turns out that my average speed was 15.77 so nearly 16 ...

Top Bottom