What's everyone buying on payday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This one is an XL and it is the Flouro design.
Bugger, I'm going for the silver and black one.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
No worries, not seen that one, I've had this one sat, bagged and tagged for a year now (I bought two and only used one of them, for 2-3 rides, didn't get on with it so sold it and have the unused one left), so if you change your mind, my asking price is £120 + P&P (which is about £100 less than the retail price).

U

User33236

I was hoping to buy some Kinesis Crosslight CX Disc wheels last payday (and the one before) but could not find any in stock anywhere so banked the money. A quick browse this evening on Wiggle showed two pairs in stock so order placed :smile:

huwsparky

Über Member
Having only had my bike for 3 months the 'payday purchases' have been rife!

Starting from scratch since buying the bike I have bought:-

Pedals
Shoes
2 x cheap cycle shorts
1 x dhb Roubaix pro bib tights
2 x tubes
5 x Co2 inflation canisters
Garmin edge 500
HRM
Giant Ride sense
Overshoes
1 x cycle Jersey
2 x bottle cages
Moon xp 1500 light
Moon comet rear light
Long Johns
Top and bottom base layers
Gloves

Probably forgotten a few things but I've spent more than I really should have!

Next up is a bike stand and I think I'm done for now providing I don't have anything unexpected going wrong.

Mrs not been to happy about the bike coming into my life!!!:thumbsdown:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Having only had my bike for 3 months the 'payday purchases' have been rife!

Starting from scratch since buying the bike I have bought:-

Pedals
Shoes
2 x cheap cycle shorts
1 x dhb Roubaix pro bib tights
2 x tubes
5 x Co2 inflation canisters
Garmin edge 500
HRM
Giant Ride sense
Overshoes
1 x cycle Jersey
2 x bottle cages
Moon xp 1500 light
Moon comet rear light
Long Johns
Top and bottom base layers
Gloves

Probably forgotten a few things but I've spent more than I really should have!

Next up is a bike stand and I think I'm done for now providing I don't have anything unexpected going wrong.

Mrs not been to happy about the bike coming into my life!!!:thumbsdown:

Welcome to the victims of nagging women who don't understand why we ride and spend money on our bikes club my friend!:thanks:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
View attachment 60301 I'm afraid it's too late! This came in the post on Saturday morning. A 63mm bore, 200mm stroke pneumatic cylinder. When I've cobbled something together, it should apply about 300kg of force to its victim.....on the left of the picture. I'm making a fully-automated beer can crusher, and it's blooming good fun!
Do you think that would apply enough force to compact sawdust into fuel blocks ?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My next purchase

1378983525920-7jzdbbxg0e66-700-80.jpg

Pay day is never known though :cry:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Do you think that would apply enough force to compact sawdust into fuel blocks ?
Spookily enough, the air compressor turned up today.
I think that you would need a lot more pressure than my cylinder can deliver. At a wild guess, probably several tonnes per square inch at the "ram" end of the sawdust compactor. That's entirely possible with pneumatics but you would need a much larger diameter air cylinder.

Edit: this is all shooting from the hip, BTW.^_^

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I just looked up some numbers. You need 4000 to 15,000 psi to do the job. That's hydraulics country, not pneumatics.
That's a shame . Ive got a large compressor and loads of saw dust but not the brains to make it into fuel for my fire . Still , my chickens love the stuff so all is not lost .

Top Bottom