What's everyone riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
roads bikes are...

a Fuquay 'custom' - alas, not built for me, so slightly too large, fitted with campag 8 speed. good, reliable bike.

my bestest bike is a Pegoretti Marcelo. that was custom built for me.

Only got my Moulton TSR30 on the road at the moment while I contemplate which Sunday Bicycle to order. Oh the dilemma! :blush:

I'll quickly add (cough) a Kona Cindercone MTB which gets the occasional bashing when I'm in the mood.

Cranky

Day bike and longer commutes- Ridgeback Genesis Day 1 2004 (flat bars)

MTB and Sustrans touring- Marin Hawk Hill hardtail 2002 with lots of upgrades

Local 'bash bike'- old steel Marin rigid MTB, rough black paint job, Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres, raised gear ratios, flatty pedals

Brompton 3 speed- little used but very handy sometimes.

Started thinking about a nice Van Nicholas titanium day bike for next year, and eventually on of those Pashley classic gents bikes for local use (either very cool or very naff, not quite sure yet!).

fluff

Summer: Scott Jean Delatour Team Issue Scandium Frame, Ultegra & Ksyriums.
Fixed: Terry Dolan Alu cross/training frame, Sugino chainset, Navigator Pista wheels.
Commuting/Light touring: Tifosi CK7, Campag champion triple, Open sport rims.

Find myself using the fixed more than anything at the moment.

Also have an old Raleigh Sun Solo not been ridden for years, a Rossin SLX that's in need of stripping down and rechroming, and a Reg Braddick 531 that's in the process of being built into a single speed.

I am running out of room! :blush:

Shaun

Founder
Hello,

Apologies for removing your in-line pics. I have disabled the image facility so that the CycleChat forums are Work Safe.

You can still post/view images, but instead you need to use the URL tag to create a link to them. It's pretty easy, look;

Code:
[url]http://www.web-address.com/of/your/image.jpg[/url]

or

[url=http://www.web-address.com/of/your/image.jpg]Text for image link[/url]

If you need any further help, just PM/Email me.

Thanks,
Shaun

DeRosa Merak (see the link) thanks to that nice Mr.Brown and the Ride to Work initiative. Equiped with 105 groupset, Velocity Deep V rims and various other bits from ITM, Bonty and Fizik.

Rebuilding my old Cannondale R600 for next winter and probably going to sell my old Bianchi Track bike as I don't think my knees were designed for it.

SamNichols

I currently ride a giant scr 2.0, with a mixture of tiagra and 105 components. The chainset shall be changing over as soon as i have the spare cash (Ultegra I think).

NickM

Veteran
I ride a Kingcycle for day rides, tours and the occasional Audax, and a Fujin SLII (pwhoar!) for BHPC racing.

And I have a shedfull of neglected uprights (MTB, Audax, traditional tourer, fixie) which get taken out for riding to work, but that doesn't really count...

chris42

Best Bike:
Trek 5500 carbon full dura ace and mavic es wheels with Vittoria corse open pro CX tyres, Deda bars & stem. Colour scheme is all black with white saddle and white tape.

Winter/second bike:
trek 1500 with dura ace/ultegra. Wheels on this are Bontrager race X lite with continental GP 4000 tyres. This is in 2004 postal colours.

chris42

joebe said:
DeRosa Merak (see the link) thanks to that nice Mr.Brown and the Ride to Work initiative. Equiped with 105 groupset, Velocity Deep V rims and various other bits from ITM, Bonty and Fizik.

Rebuilding my old Cannondale R600 for next winter and probably going to sell my old Bianchi Track bike as I don't think my knees were designed for it.

Nice bike!
my wife loves it!
I just ordered her some pink cables to go on her bike!

http://www.tredz.co.uk/details.aspx?cgid=&id=7901&cid=

halo

My latest ( road ) steed is a Spesh E5 Alu m/c kitted out with Ultegra in Racing Red ( 'cause everyone knows Red bikes are the fastest - but not in my case unfortunately :blush: )

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Basic 05 Specialized Allez with a curious mix of Sora/Tiagra/Ultegra kit. Slightly upgraded wheels.

Horrible blue commuting hack based on SJS cycles training frame. The rear mech cost me 1p. Really.

That's it for road bikes. And, apart from a Brompton, that's all I have at the moment.[/b]

Top Bottom