What's everyone riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Townsend

I'm posting from East Coast US, and ride road, and light trails.

My roadie is a 1987 Trek 560, a nice bike for a not-so-small (210 lbs.) fella. 531, 105 components, Biopace crank..not a bad bike, though not exactly what anyone is racing on. The point for me is to just get outside. I also have an even older Schwinn World Sport that is my rain/light trail bike...it's got touring wheels to take the bumps and give me better rain traction, and I don't fret about getting rusted (I'd just buy another frame for $50 and switch everything over).

So, what else is anyone else riding?

Denda

I ride a Lemond Reno. I have only had it for 2 months. Before that I rode a Schwin Crossfit for 22 years. I am really loving my first rode bike!

bobcycle

I dont know what mine is. Its old, i know that much. but its still going, so i shouldnt complane.

I often pass cycleshops and look at the shiney new ones in the window. One of these days ...

Serenity

Why not, Bob? I say go for it! If you haven't spent money on a bike lately, don't you think it's time? You work hard, don't ya? At least it's something that is healthy for you.

OP
OP
T

Townsend

Serenity said:
If you haven't spent money on a bike lately, don't you think it's time?

I'll say this...sometimes getting an improvement is not so much spending a ton as spending some time looking. Rummage sales, classifieds... Basically, old ladies that don't know how to use the internet are EASY PICKINS. :blush:

dafty d

hey to all on this new site,am dafty d a newbie to this site,i ride a litespeed pavia full carbon dream machine and its great! :blush:

joshw

I ride a veloce-equipped Bianchi road bike. It's not that light to say I'm a climber, but then I weigh only 51 kg so overall it works out pretty light.

andharwheel

I have a Lemond Nevada City and a Cannondale Synapse with Mavis askiums and Michelin Pro race tyres. and aerobars. The Cannodale rides well and is fast. Th eLemond is used for winter training.

TREK 700 (bought in Jan 2000) used mainly for touring/camping and general recreational riding. Only original parts are frame (steel) and chainwheel, everything else has been replaced as things have worn out or to suit my personal riding requirements.
Gratuitous `Tarty` bike pic :-
2006_1130Trek7000005.jpg

GaryA

Subversive Sage
I have two GT's; Avalance 00/merlin special built myself, budget but decent mx comps, FSA kit Marura discs (not impressed with) deore/lx merlin mavics etc

2000 GT timberline classy steel allrounder/off road/tourer, kona project 2, 1.5 slicks rack & mudguard eyes for touring...done C2C twice would not sell, ever :blush:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I ride the following:

For commuting, club riding and sportives: Blue (that's a US maker not the colour!) 4AL compact frame, with Campag Centaur / Veloce mix.

For light touring, utilty riding and occasionally for commuting: Planet-X Kaffenback (the old blue dragon style) with Campag Mirage / Xenon mix.

For XC and winter training: Titus Motolite2 FS frame with various scavenged components (Shimano XT/XTR, old Hope Mini-mono's, DT Swiss wheels etc.)

I also have a pile of components that used to be my 'beast': a heavy hardtail MTB that I used for training whilst I was in Japan. It's basically an old Merlin Malt 1 frame and a very old set of Pace forks, with a fairly new FSA single ring crankset. Available for sale if anyone wants any of it!

Top Bottom