What's in the bag?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I thought this might be fun. Some of you will be appalled I'm sure. This is what is always in my saddlebag regardless of what I do on my bike. Spare top, waterproofs, compact down filled jacket subbed for light top in summer, tools, sunglass lenses, locks, travel towel, Hitchhiker's guide is correct in every sense I've discovered, napkins, kerchief, notebook and pen,spare tube, foraging guide,first aid kit and two plastic bags and one linen bag. What's in yours?

All uphill

Still rolling along
Tools, tube and repair kit.
Microfibre mini towel.
Energy bars
Kitchen roll
Ibuprofen
Mask
Spare gloves/mitts
First aid kit

si_c

Guru
All my bikes have the same kit in their saddle bag.

Multitool (Topeak Hexus II)
CO2 cannister & Inflator
Inner Tube
Patch kit
Tyre lever
Tyre Boot
Derailleur Hanger (each bike has it's own bag with appropriate hanger)
Mini pump attached to downtube bottle cage.
Edit: One bike also has tubeless plugs in the saddlebag as it's tubeless currently.

If on a short (sub 3 hour ride) i'll carry a water proof in one of the bottle cages, otherwise it goes in my back pocket with a lock if I'm planning a stop.

Edit to also add, all that fits in a small under saddle bag, I don't need a huge carradice :laugh:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I thought this might be fun. Some of you will be appalled I'm sure. This is what is always in my saddlebag regardless of what I do on my bike. Spare top, waterproofs, compact down filled jacket subbed for light top in summer, tools, sunglass lenses, locks, travel towel, Hitchhiker's guide is correct in every sense I've discovered, napkins, kerchief, notebook and pen,spare tube, foraging guide,first aid kit and two plastic bags and one linen bag. What's in yours? View attachment 624812 View attachment 624813
:eek: Wot no Swiss Army Knife :laugh:

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
I thought this might be fun. Some of you will be appalled I'm sure. This is what is always in my saddlebag regardless of what I do on my bike. Spare top, waterproofs, compact down filled jacket subbed for light top in summer, tools, sunglass lenses, locks, travel towel, Hitchhiker's guide is correct in every sense I've discovered, napkins, kerchief, notebook and pen,spare tube, foraging guide,first aid kit and two plastic bags and one linen bag. What's in yours? View attachment 624812 View attachment 624813
Definitely a fun idea, especially the way you laid everything out, Ol'Hippy, I'll lay mine out for the world to see tomorrow. Come on, everyone, give us more to see than a list! We've all seen enough lists. Nice saddle included in that pic too! :okay:

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I have several bags and containers around the bike. Firstly under the down tube in a bottle cage sits a tool caddy with all of my tools in as well as a small bottle of oil.

Then on top of the top tube behind the stem sits a small Revelate designs Mag Tank with my small Lezyne pump, some food and in summer a small bottle of sun cream.

Under the saddle is a small Ortleib saddle bag which again depending on season and weather forecast will have some clothes, currently an Alpkit gilet and a waterproof jacket.

Then around my waist I carry a small Evoc bum bag, mainly to protect my camera from the vibrations of the bike. In there, is my camera, a tripod some spare Voile straps as well as food and buffs. This still leaves a bit more room for bits, but that's all I generally carry on a winter ride.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Doesn’t include the phone as that’s being used for the picture. Pump and a snackbar in the back pocket. I know, the torque Allan key is an indulgence!

1641744706492.jpeg

freiston

Veteran
I have a small(ish) home-made roll-top saddlebag that I keep on the back of my bike together with my cape. I made the bag so that I could fit an "extended" travel-toolkit and (relatively) lightweight bike lock. I usually have a handlebar bag too that I keep my "manbag" stuff in - mask, keys, wallet, inhaler, phone, Leatherman etc. ; sometimes this stuff goes into pockets or a rack pack (the rack pack can fit even with the saddlebag in situ).

Top Bottom