What's in the bag?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Balaclava, blow doll, vaseline.
Nothing without pictures.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
This is mine. I run tubeless on all my bikes and move the bag from bike to bike. From the top left:
  • Tube - talc'd and wrapped in newspaper and clingfilm
  • Cafe lock
  • Zip ties
  • Spare tubeless plugs
  • Small screwdriver to pick debris out of tyres
  • SPD cleat screw
  • Valve core tool
  • Racer plug kit
  • Lezyne CO2 adaptor
  • CO2 cartridges
  • Crank Brothers lever
  • Standard levers
  • Self-adhesive puncture kit including tyre boot
  • Rubber strip
  • Survival blanket
  • Plastic box for small stuff
  • Lezyne mult-tool
  • Speed links x10 and x11

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
+ 1 for the foil emergency blanket. PaulSB got in first. I carry one all year round.
@PaulSB do you give them out free to your cycle club members? . My CC do , not sure if the ultra weight obsessives carry them .

PaulSB

Legendary Member
+ 1 for the foil emergency blanket. PaulSB got in first. I carry one all year round.
@PaulSB do you give them out free to your cycle club members? . My CC do , not sure if the ultra weight obsessives carry them .
A few years ago a very good friend of mine had a bad crash. She was in a bad way and getting very cold. Luckily I had a blanket with me. At our next Awards Night and later an AGM I told the story and gave everyone a blanket.

I've handed out three at crashes and used one myself when on tour - I had to sleep under a hedge in France.

Recently a couple of buddies spotted mine. On the next ride they carried their own. I see it as a crucial piece of kit.

D

Deleted member 1258

625923 625924

Whats in mine? Not a lot, lock, spare tube, puncture outfit and tyre boot, the pumps on the bike, adjustable spanner, tyre levers, track nut spanner, multi tool and a chain tool, most important, you're going no where with a broken chain, theres a quick link in the puncture outfit.

OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Proper tyre leavers though, not seen any of them in a while.

alchurch

For a day ride, I bring what I can stuff in my pockets. I only use a bag on tour , and that would be multi day, so my kit would include toiletries and a change of clothes

Top Bottom