Whats it worth please ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Ok,my wife has a Raleigh m-trax titanium road bike from the early 90's ish,full campag chorus groupset including seat post and quill stem,brake lever shifters,twin drinks bosses etc etc,its a high quality bike with a few marks to the frame but is without its wheels and seat.She now has another road bike so this is surplus to requirements.Will post some pics tomorrow after work but would the bike be worth more complete without wheels or in parts? And anyone have an idea as to value?
Cheers in advance,Chris.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
One went for £68 recently

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/raleigh-m...UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1c25669895#ht_500wt_1202

I'd break it up and sell things separately - you might have a few worthwhile bits.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Thanks for the link.I'm not sure but i think the one we have must be a special or something,the one in the link has shimano gears and downtube shifters and painted forks,ours is full campag throughout including chrome campag reynolds 501 forks, cups etc,literaly the only thing Raleigh is the bare bones frame.

jugglingphil

Either break up and sell individual bits, or pop a saddle and wheels on and sell as a complete bike.
Oh and if you do sell as a complete bike pump the tyres up and make it look like it's loved!

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
We was going to replace the wheels and keep it as the mrs does like it but campag wheels are so expensive,i've got her a secondhand claud Butler for the time being until i spoil her with a nice shiny new one,defo sounds like the best way to go is strip it,cheers for the advice:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Well i've just seen the same groupset as ours sell on ebay for buy it now of £400 :ohmy: only difference is the claipers were record and not chorus,but we also have the chrome campag forks,campag aero seat post and i believe the stem is campag too.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Well i've just seen the same groupset as ours sell on ebay for buy it now of £400 :ohmy: only difference is the claipers were record and not chorus,but we also have the chrome campag forks,campag aero seat post and i believe the stem is campag too.

You can get lucky - that £400 groupset was worth £200 tops as it was very tatty and retro collectors want stuff in very good condition.

Top Bottom