What's the best LBS in Glasgow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowjim

Über Member
Bikelove is the place to go, It's on Maryhill rd and is run by Carl, a mechanic for the Chainreaction MTB team. Fast turnaround on repairs and an all round good guy. As for others, Dales=very spendy and not much choice, Bilsland's= wouldn't touch as i know a few people who've been sold lemon's from there, Willy Bain, great for repairs but be prepared to wait ages for it.Alpine, Evans etc i never go near as it's all about the sale and nothing else for them, Wheelcraft -avoid like the plague, Common Wheel project in Bridgeton is a charity shop run by John, sells reconditioned bikes and fixed/ss ones too, good value for money.

I found Neil Bilsland a good chap willing to go that extra bit to help the customer out when I bought my Kinesis from there 4years ago, hopefully he's still the same way as 24,000miles later I've wore it out (a giantic crack round the chainstay :sad:).

lesley_x

Über Member
Dales are great. They've been so helpful to me. Tried to fix my turbo when it broke even though I didn't buy it from them. And when I was buying my road bike they spent loads and loads of time with me fitting me to my secteur. They really went above and beyond.

Top Bottom