Whats the fastest you've been on a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Jamie Stokes said:
I know of just the hill. :wacko:

Do tell :-)

Ben

I found some excellent hills yesterday, I cycled up one that nearly killed me, had to stop twice, must sort out a lower bottom gear. but then I was so high up I found some beauties, At one point I free wheeled along country roads for two miles! That is where I hit 58 mph, I do not know what the max would be on the Catrike Expedition if the hill was steep enough.

I would not want to do that speed on a two wheeler though, my right wheel hit a stone at one point, I assume that's what it was, I was going to fast to see stuff like that, on a two wheeler It may have taken me down, just a little twitch on the trike though, I will no doubt do that route again even though the first hill is a killer, you climb for about three miles in total. There is no way I would want to do the route in reverse though, there is about 6-7 miles of climbing that way, sure it is shallower than the three mile climb but even so. Off on a relatively flat ride today once I finish the bit of work I have to do.

CotterPin

Fab Foodie said:
49 mph on Ventoux.
Averaged 40mph top to bottom... 22km!

Gonna crack 50 on coming-off Ditchling this year.

One of Bent Mikeys skating pals was clocked at 42mph by my pal on the same hill... on blades (nutter).

I shall be over that way in just a week's time, FF. I'll let you know what I manage.

I have had the old "do you realise how fast you were going there sir?" speech from an officer before to which I replied, "no, cycles don't come with speedometers", he said "oh" and drove away.

OP
OP
andyfromotley

andyfromotley

Catrike UK said:
I have had the old "do you realise how fast you were going there sir?" speech from an officer before to which I replied, "no, cycles don't come with speedometers", he said "oh" and drove away.

and he didnt check???

What a div. I'd have had you son!

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Last year, flying down the Elland bypass I managed to tuck in behind a car and get the benefit of a head wind....

I had no idea how fast I was going, but when I pulled up at the roundabout at the bottom of the hill, the copper who unbeknown to me had been following me pulled allongside and gave me the "Do you know how fast you were going down there?". He then followed it up with - "51mph - you must be bloody crazy" and drove off shaking his head.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't make the mistake of ever telling loved ones how fast you go...the missus wasn't too chuffed with the 55 mph, and I was slowing down...sheesh - if I had pushed it .......

fossyant said:
Don't make the mistake of ever telling loved ones how fast you go...the missus wasn't too chuffed with the 55 mph, and I was slowing down...sheesh - if I had pushed it .......
I think my mum thinks I pootle along at 10 mph max, I don't think I'll ever tell her my max was 47.6mph; I let it slip, however what the bike cost.

Top Bottom