What's the first film you saw at the cinema?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nearly there

Veteran
The rescuers i think or Spiderman 1977

The Lady and the Tramp.

I don't remember the year but I hasten to add that it was not 1955!! It must have been mid 70's - I remember the occasion well; a rainy holiday in Conwy with mum & dad at the end of their tethers wondering how to keep us entertained.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Can't remember the first film I saw but the first film I shouldn't have seen was "A Clockwork Orange". I was 15 at the time so was well underage :becool:.
First film I sneaked in to was 'Enter the Dragon'. And we walked home flinging chops and blows at each other shouting 'hai', 'cha' and 'wha'.

It would have been something at a Saturday morning pictures, a few cartoons, a couple of old serials (one of which would have been Flash Gordon with Buster Crabbe in glorious monochrome), and an old cow boy - all for six pence.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Some random Chinese Kung Fu film at the cinema in the Chinese Cultural Centre on Gerrard Street, Soho, London. It was very gory and bloody showing close ups of heads and limbs being cut off and people falling in to pits and landing on sharpened bamboo spikes.
I think I was about 7 at the time.

The first ordinary cinema film was Towering Inferno. That was 1974 so I would have been too young for that too.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks and they still played the national anthem at the beginning (or end, can't quite recall) and everyone stood for it.

Top Bottom