What's the general rule on removing helmets in shops?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
In the good old days I was arrested indoors and the uniformed policeman put his hat on prior to reading me my rights.

I don't know if that's still a rule, as that was my only UK arrest.

The arrest was for stealing a motorcycle (proved it was mine so no charge).

Sadly, the convictions were for disqualification by virtue of age and no insurance.... I had no proof to save me on those...

But I still think it's sweet that he had to put his hat on to arrest me.:rolleyes:

I think they have to Tazer you before arrest now, they can take their hats off though :tongue:

Jezston

Über Member
Nottingham has a Waitrose ! - Things must be looking good ooop North

They're building a big one too apparently, hopefully they'll be lending out their little bike trolleys to customers like they do in other stores too. Be great compared to the backpack for carrying a load of shopping back from Sainsbury's err Waitrose.

Also Nottingham is NOT 'up north'. Midlands.

Norm

I always find it amusing that there isn't a Waitrose in Bracknell, where they're based.

Although that'll be changing in about 12 months.

mightyquin

We have a Waitrose in Croydon now. It's less a supermarket and more an 'attraction' for the local chavs, who can look around at all the stuff that posh people eat. "Bread with olives in it, the dirty ba.........ds, in Croydon!"

Randombiker9

Noticed my corner shop says no helmets allowed picture of motorbike helmet and Red Sign that says no by it. I’ve assumed it’s always been just for motorbike/moped riders as their sort of helmet covers part of your face so for if someone criminal was going to steal something due to this it would be harder for police to recognise the thief if they kept there helmet on. I assume bike helmets are fine as they only cover top of head unless there full face but I guess the rule applies to full face helmet cyclists too for same reason but don’t know as no one wears a full face helmet on the road when cycling unless there a young kid.

Top Bottom