What's the general rule on removing helmets in shops?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
And why would i be wearing a cycle helmet at a petrol station whilst filling up??

I bought a 1.5 litres of water and a packet of Jelly Babies from a Total garage in Lincoln, kept hat on. I thought as it is a French company and they love cycling it wouldn't matter.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If I'm just nipping into a shop for a minute, I leave my helmet on but undo the chin strap. I'm not sure why. If it's for a longer period, I take it off.

Norm

The post implied 'filling up' as in filling up with petrol....... hence my...um....curiousity as to why i'd be wearing a cycle helmet if it was buying petrol......:whistle:
As far as I can see, all the posts referring to filling up have also mentioned "motorcycle helmets". Much of the thread has been a compare & contrast between the two, something which was mentioned in the OP.

E11a

I take my helmet off when going into a shop because I feel uncomfortable keeping it on. It doubles as a shopping basket too :thumbsup:

sabian92

Über Member
I saw a woman in Nottingham the other day go into the Waitrose in the city centre with her lid on and people didn't seem to care. I personally take mine off unless I'm riding but that's just because when I stop I sweat like a dyslexic on countdown if not.

sabian92

Über Member
Indeed it does - it's full of snotty bastards though. I had a can of coke and the bus was about to turn up, explained it to the woman in front of me who had a trolley full, and just looked down her nose at me as if I'd just asked her to stick her hands down my shorts or something.

Joke's on her though - her card was rejected! :laugh:

Bicycle

In the good old days I was arrested indoors and the uniformed policeman put his hat on prior to reading me my rights.

I don't know if that's still a rule, as that was my only UK arrest.

The arrest was for stealing a motorcycle (proved it was mine so no charge).

Sadly, the convictions were for disqualification by virtue of age and no insurance.... I had no proof to save me on those...

But I still think it's sweet that he had to put his hat on to arrest me.:rolleyes:

hybrid_plonker

what's the ruling on lycra shorts inside Waitrose ? Especially the fluorescent ones? Saw a pair recently but they were in Tesco Express so seemed OK

Top Bottom