What's the greatest distance you have cycled in 1 day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

300 miles
How long were you cycling for to cover such a massive distance?

Dwn

100 miles, Glasgow-Gourock-Dunoon-Glasgow, but that was a good few years ago. Most this year is 57 miles.

Velochris

Über Member
199.6. Did the Lakes and Dales loop in one day. Officially 196 miles, but a few wrong turns added to the distance.

I got more people on Strava asking why I didn't keep riding for a few minutes to get to the 200 mile mark, as opposed to asking about the ride.

And as I typed this the poster above made a similar comment. Kudos.

i'm in awe of people that do these distances solo all my ultra endurance events have been mass participation events, i lose the will and generally mojo over 70-80 miles solo

mind you i will in the next few days be cycling coast to coast across France in a group but very much solo

Aravis

Putrid Donut
August 8th, 1990. Until now I hadn't noticed the anniversary has just slipped by. My Cateye Vectra stopped on 202.08 miles, but of course I don't know how accurate my calibration was. At the end I had to do a couple of laps of the Clifton Downs in Bristol to click up the extra digits, which is one of the reasons I can never know exactly what I did. I suspect it was really 199.99 miles.

Under modern conditions with GPS recording, 153.56 miles.

Top Bottom