What's the greatest distance you have cycled in 1 day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Must be, that’s pretty close to the current men’s records on uprights.
He has been top ten on the BBAR a few times Inc iirc a second and he raced at elite level back in the day. I think for the big distances it is the ability to shut out the pain as well as the power.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Overnight really, but 132 miles (on fixed gear). We went a bit astray on the 2008 Dunwich Dynamo. It's 112.7 miles, we had to do 12 miles to get to the start, and the balance is us missing a turn in Lavenham and going via Stowmarket (which was actually quite peaceful; we navigated by the moon and the lights of RAF Wattisham).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
131 miles through some fabulous Welsh scenery including some big hills. Probably not the cleverest route for a first metric double-century.:shy:
For me never that far as there's plenty of uphill stuff here, yesterday was 180km but with 3,000m of climbing in there, nothing flatter exists here:laugh: target is a 200km/5,000m ride :okay:
I've done quite a few rides over 200 km, a few of which were pretty flat, most of which were very undulating, but several of them were very hilly (3,000+ m of ascent). A few rides close to 250 km.

128 miles (200km ride plus 3 miles home from the train ride home!).

Satisfying as it was in hindsight, I remember being dropped repeatedly by @13 rider over what could only be described as speed bumps towards the end. That was after @Supersuperleeds persuading me the cafe was just around the corner for 10 miles.....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
In 24 hours: 223.58 miles, from home to Mumbles Pier (Pompey to Cardiff, then the Cardiff-Swansea FNRttC) in 2013. Actual riding time about 18 1/2 hours. I rode the seven and a half miles back to Swansea station after breakfast. Haven't managed another double ton since, though I've come close (190- Pompey-London-Brighton-Pompey, 2018). Next longest rides: 179, 174, 173, 165, 164, 162. What I lack in speed I compensate for, a bit, with endurance & sheer bloodymindedness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom