What's the most disgusting thing you've eaten?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'll eat most things, even if I'm not too keen (food is just fuel after all)... but it's probably anchovies. I like fish. I like salt... but they just didn't do it for me. 👎

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Andouillette made well in a classy restaurant is pretty good. Ropey ones not so much, albeit I think some folks are exaggerating how bad. I have had both kinds.

Time to recount a meal in a rather good, but by no means super posh, restaurant in France. Charcuterie starter, followed by andouillette
, then thinking that would be more than enough offal for one meal went for agneau for the main course, all ordered in my best schoolboy French. The waiter ever so politely replied in English "you do know it's brains Sir?" I knew the French word for lamb but not brains, but couldn't lose face in front of Johnny Foreigner, so obviously I replied "yes, that's fine" Three whole lambs' brains in gravy were duly served. Whilst they were OK to be fair, it's not something I'd choose again.

Drago

Legendary Member
Now, in the army we used to do stupid things, including drinking pints of beer with foreign objects inside the for a cash reward. On one drunken occasion I downed a pint with the contents of the pub ashtray in it - it tasted better than a McDonalds burger. However, t'is nothing to my mate Damon from B coy who downed a pint with a human jobbie in it.

Now, in the army we used to do stupid things, including drinking pints of beer with foreign objects inside the for a cash reward. On one drunken occasion I downed a pint with the contents of the pub ashtray in it - it tasted better than a McDonalds burger. However, t'is nothing to my mate Damon from B coy who downed a pint with a human jobbie in it.
Nice to see some recycling going on at the taxpayers expense. :laugh:

Rollmop herring salad which I think the herring may have been off. The taste lasted all afternoon.
Actually I can beat that. I once eat an olive just taken off the tree, the taste and dryness lasted all week. Even Greek beer and wine did`nt help it, never again. I buy them at the supermarkets like everyone else now !

Andouillette made well in a classy restaurant is pretty good. Ropey ones not so much, albeit I think some folks are exaggerating how bad. I have had both kinds.
No exaggeration. Ordered it at a swanky riverside restaurant in Mayenne, cut it open and the smell of sh*t hit me like a wall. A few tentative mouthfuls of slimy, chewy gristle made me gag and push the plate away. Immediately reminded of a certain examination I'd had previously involving a flexible tube and a camera xx(

I've been in one of those restaurants in Laandaan that sells tripe and gross organs with cutesy names like chitterlings and sweetbread as if they are delicacy but even those were tame compared to the manifest repugnance of andouillette.

Anyone who enjoys la saucisse trompeuse is either defective or degenerate. :okay:

A few suggestions for the French tourism board:
- Andouillette - so bad that it turned me vegetarian™
- Andouillette - so bad that I can smell a pig farm from miles away™
- Andouillette - rectum? damn near killed 'im!™

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've forgotten how the restaurant described them, but it was essentially Stilton cheese coated in dark chocolate.
Now, I like cheese, and I like chocolate. The combination was utterly vile.
Seriously, what were they thinking?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'll eat most things, even if I'm not too keen (food is just fuel after all)... but it's probably anchovies. I like fish. I like salt... but they just didn't do it for me. 👎
oh... and truffle flavoured stuff. I've not tried an actual truffle but the truffle flavoured crisps in Aldi were so rank I binned them, same with the truffle salami... absolutely rancid! xx(

I'll still try an actual truffle given the chance though.

Top Bottom