What's the most disgusting thing you've eaten?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I remember going to a French type restaurant in the 1980's with my then lady friend, in Skipton North Yorkshire. We went a few times and I always had this stew/casserole which was offal in a rich beef and wine gravy. I loved it then, but looking back kidneys, liver and probably dangly bits :ohmy: thrown in was a pretty gruesome thing to eat!!xx(

Alex321

Veteran
A lady colleague once brought back some fruit chews from a trip to China to share around her office mates. Trouble was, they were all durian fruit flavour. Google it ..... All the descriptions I have read are accurate. I and all of my colleagues spat them out instantly and described them variously as "sewage flavour" "smells like blocked drains" and "tastes like your own belch". I couldn't argue. The sweets were withdrawn immediately. ( I had been all in favour of leaving them on the corner of a desk to catch out a senior officer who is notorious for snaffling up people's sweets uninvited).

There is nothing wrong with Durian Fruit flavour. It is the smell which is disgusting. Quite how it manages to taste OK when it smells so bad, I don't understand, as smell is usually a part of taste.

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
I've just eaten some mini Scotch eggs from Lidl and now feel sick. Never again.

iandg

Legendary Member
Meat! - seriously, I have no problem with meat. I was made to eat it as a child (you ate what was on the plate or went hungry) and as long as it was lean I had no problem. I just didn't like fat. I raced bikes for years and then took up running. I had a lot of stomach problems after long hard races. Moved in with my vegetarian girl friend and started to eat less meat. The stomach pains started to disappear and I stopped meat eating completely and have not had to retire to bed with a hot water bottle on the stomach in an afternoon after a long ride/run since.

CharleyFarley

We had moved from the east coast to Weilingborough. I took a job in welding, and a part-time job driving a taxi. The taxi owner used to get me to pick up his chicken curry from an Indian restaurant in town. It smelled so good that when I got off work at midnight, I'd go get a chicken vindaloo.

One time I became extremely ill after eating the curry. A doctor came in to me on the Sunday. My wife said I was grey and thought I was going to die. I felt so bad I was hoping for death, myself.

My wife worked in a school cafeteria, and her friend's husband was a health inspector. He came in and told his wife and my wife that he had just shut the Indian restaurant down, again. Apparently, a lot of families were living above the restaurant and each time they were shut down, another family would take over and put up a sign: 'Under New Management.' What he found was this; chickens were defrosting in a large sink of water. He caught one of the cooks coming out of the toilet with feces on his fingers and washed them in the water that the chickens were in.

He also found pots of curry with no lids, and rat droppings in them. Also, in the basement, a sewer line was broken and there was two-inches of effluent on the floor. Sacks of rice were standing in the effluent. So when a new family takes over, nothing will change. The manager of the restaurant left and started his own restaurant several miles away. I bravely decided to give it a try and the manager came straight over to me and told me he was disgusted with the one in Wellingborough. Then he invited me to see his kitchen. It was spotless, and I never had a bad meal from there.

The only other disgusting thing I ate was kalamari, and I didn't know it was in the meal I had at a Korean restaurant. Any kind of seafood makes me ill.

Top Bottom