What's the most disgusting thing you've eaten?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was traumatised as a child by exactly that happening. Parents and grandparents seemed somewhat unsympathetic. :laugh:

To this day I slice radishes very thinly and closely examine each slice.

I spent six weeks on a placement in Nepal in 2000, and very quickly learned to avoid chicken curry because they didn't debone the chicken.

It was some years before I could face a chicken curry again.

Dadam

I spent six weeks on a placement in Nepal in 2000, and very quickly learned to avoid chicken curry because they didn't debone the chicken.

It was some years before I could face a chicken curry again.

Personally I don’t really see the issue beyond being a bit annoying, especially the small bones like ribs. I do love the flavour of chicken legs on the bone.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes, rice is easy to make but it's not Ambrosia. Now I want some and can't get it.

Just thought I'd fondle a tin of your favourite, In Tesco about an hour ago!

Qa1l8k9RpDo9MAvIK4d6CqoSpI&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=LJ7F0tizFakAX8HaB_z&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Hey, look what I've just bought!! I'm not a rice pudding fan, but I do like custard and I do like Tapioca!

nc_ohc=CLHzvuYA8BYAX-rMR38&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I Have a daily fish oil 🐟 capsule. I have a bad habit of trying to swallow it while eating food, instead of washing it down with tea or coffee. I've just attempted to swallow today's capsule while eating a sandwich. My chicken and tomato on wholemeal bread was 'flavoured' by the fish oil as I bit into the capsule thinking I'd successfully swallowed it a few seconds earlier! xx(

Alex321

Veteran
Just thought I'd fondle a tin of your favourite, In Tesco about an hour ago!

View attachment 708712

View attachment 708713

Hey, look what I've just bought!! I'm not a rice pudding fan, but I do like custard and I do like Tapioca!

View attachment 708714

Why is it that so many photos & videos seem to get mirrored when posted online?

The last of your three photos there is, and I quite often notice on Youtube videos (particularly the shorts) that signs in the background are similarly reversed. I doubt very much that you did anything deliberately different, unless it is because you used the forward facing camera.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why is it that so many photos & videos seem to get mirrored when posted online?

The last of your three photos there is, and I quite often notice on Youtube videos (particularly the shorts) that signs in the background are similarly reversed. I doubt very much that you did anything deliberately different, unless it is because you used the forward facing camera.

It's a 'selfie'. I take quite a few every day. I use them for reference to see what I wore on certain days, so I don't wear the same clothing items too near to the last time I wore them. I take selfies because asking someone to take a photo of you could seem a bit vain, to the person asked. :unsure:

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
It's a 'selfie'. I take quite a few every day. I use them for reference to see what I wore on certain days, so I don't wear the same clothing items too near to the last time I wore them. I take selfies because asking someone to take a photo of you could seem a bit vain, to the person asked. :unsure:

Ok. So it is because you are using the forward facing camera, and it takes the photo to look as if you are looking in a mirror. There is probably a setting somewhere that could be changed (if you wanted to).

I suspect it may be the same thing with the videos I've been noticing it with.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok. So it is because you are using the forward facing camera, and it takes the photo to look as if you are looking in a mirror. There is probably a setting somewhere that could be changed (if you wanted to).

I suspect it may be the same thing with the videos I've been noticing it with.

If there is I'd like to find it! I've had this phone just over four years and haven't seen anything that makes selfies look like someone's taken your photo for you. If that is what you're saying. 🤔

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
If there is I'd like to find it! I've had this phone just over four years and haven't seen anything that makes selfies look like someone's taken your photo for you. If that is what you're saying. 🤔

Is it Android or iPhone?

My Android has a setting in the Camera App for "Save Selfies as Previewed", which says under it "Save selfies and selfie videos as they appear in the preview without flipping them".

Just tested it both ways, and if that is set on (which I think was the default), then the image is mirrored, if it is off, then the image is normal.

Top Bottom