What's the most disgusting thing you've eaten?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think I told you that I also use a .22. After posting that I thought " is that correct" and checked. Its actually a .177. Less punch than a .22 but it is still very effective.

I generally prefer the .177, particularly for ranges above 30 metres where the flatter trajectory makes them more accurate. They also penetrate feathers better, so they're good for making .pigeon pie. That's why I have one of each, but I also fancy a .25 quarter bore, really hammer the rabbits. I'm not a fan of rabbit, buts Mrs D likes it so I'm not averse to shooting one for the pot now and again.

So going back on topic, I think rabbit tastes horrible. Its just utterly tasteless to my pallette.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I generally prefer the .177, particularly for ranges above 30 metres where the flatter trajectory makes them more accurate. They also penetrate feathers better, so they're good for making .pigeon pie. That's why I have one of each, but I also fancy a .25 quarter bore, really hammer the rabbits. I'm not a fan of rabbit, buts Mrs D likes it so I'm not averse to shooting one for the pot now and again.

So going back on topic, I think rabbit tastes horrible. Its just utterly tasteless to my pallette.
Not had rabbit since I was a kid. It was a regular meal until myxomatosis wiped them out in the 50s

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Can one eat squirrel? Is it nice or yucky? Next one I shoot might go in the pot.
'tis rather tasty - doesn't taste like chicken, more like....squirrel. Make sure you brine it first for 4-6 hours to soften the meat otherwise it can be chewy. We regularly encourage our Scouts to try it on camp.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Can one eat squirrel? Is it nice or yucky? Next one I shoot might go in the pot.
I used to get squirrel from a butcher in Ludlow about 25 years ago. He'd charge a quid a piece, skinned and paunched.
We'd put 'em on a skewer and barbeque them. Not much on them but quite tasty.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Cow's Udder, and another vote for tripe. And cockles, mussels, oysters, of course. I blame my parents - never had a chance to try/get used to them when young.

kapelmuur

Veteran
About 20 years ago I was on a 3 week business visit to China with a couple of colleagues. None of the hotels we stayed in served Western food, few of the staff spoke English and the menus were in Chinese. Our Mandarin amounted to saying 'hello, goodbye and thank you', so we were in trouble.

Among the delights I remember were sea slugs, live snakes brought to the table, beheaded and the blood poured into cups for us to drink and pigs ears which were tougher than shoe leather.

One lunch I thought we'd cracked it as we were served something resembling chicken nuggets. They were suspiciously crunchy though and when I scraped the batter off I found a whole tiny baby bird, complete with beak.

I've not eaten Chinese since.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy! :hungry:

I can't be the only one who likes all of them.....................can I? :scratch:
No you arn't.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
A lady colleague once brought back some fruit chews from a trip to China to share around her office mates. Trouble was, they were all durian fruit flavour. Google it ..... All the descriptions I have read are accurate. I and all of my colleagues spat them out instantly and described them variously as "sewage flavour" "smells like blocked drains" and "tastes like your own belch". I couldn't argue. The sweets were withdrawn immediately. ( I had been all in favour of leaving them on the corner of a desk to catch out a senior officer who is notorious for snaffling up people's sweets uninvited).
I have eaten one Durian chocolate..

one and one only

Top Bottom