What's the most disgusting thing you've eaten?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Escargot...snails, reall French ones.
I can only assume they were off....or the French have a really weird palate.

The ONLY food I ever ate where my brain instantly told me 'GET IT OUT, GET IT OUT' :ohmy:....and I did, instantly.
Picture014-1.jpg
I used to have a customer in France and each time I visited I enjoyed Escargot. Then one time, as I went to pick it from the shell, its antennae was sticking out. I put it down and have never eaten them since.

Reactions: gbb

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sea urchin sushi

And anything containing cold egg, especially disgusting when mayonnaise is also involved!
Cold boiled egg sarnies with sandwich spread.....yummy.

Last edited:
I've eaten the following.....

Rat - tastes like chicken
Crocodile - tastes like chicken
Fried locusts - not pleasant, a bit like Minstrels, crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle
Baby octopus -Not a fan
Snails - Vile, like eating snot

Whilst waiting for a plane back from Qingdao I spotted these....

20160629_060456.jpg
20160629_060505.jpg

Can one eat squirrel? Is it nice or yucky? Next one I shoot might go in the pot.

Yes, red ones are full of red meat and grey ones have white meat in them. They all taste the same though................like chicken, everything tastes like chicken !!

Drago

Legendary Member
Cant shoot the red ones, but the grey ones are vermin and I can headshot as many as I like. I draw them into the garden with a feeder and then pop a cap in them while they're eating. All nice and legal, like.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Cant shoot the red ones, but the grey ones are vermin and I can headshot as many as I like. I draw them into the garden with a feeder and then pop a cap in them while they're eating. All nice and legal, like.
Do you know that if you trap a grey squirrel it is ilegal to release it elsewhere as they are vermin.

Drago

Legendary Member
I didn't. Another good reason for getting the air rifle and going all Schwarzenegger on them. I use the .22 and heavy grain hollow point pellets. Great stopping power, instant kill.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A disgusting thing that I DIDN'T eat.
With customers in Biarritz (they spoke Basque) and they ordered a special to finish which was the biggest crab in the world. I dont like crab but managed to join in with cracking the legs and eating the meat.
But then........
The shell was broken and they poured wine in and stirred everything up. We had to spoon the grey sludge up and drink it. I tried but gagged and came close to bringing the meal back up.....it was disgusting to smell, see and taste.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I didn't. Another good reason for getting the air rifle and going all Schwarzenegger on them. I use the .22 and heavy grain hollow point pellets. Great stopping power, instant kill.
I think I told you that I also use a .22. After posting that I thought " is that correct" and checked. Its actually a .177. Less punch than a .22 but it is still very effective.

Top Bottom