What's the most important superpower?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Sh4rkyBloke said:
But when they're naked you'd see through them, wouldn't you? ;)

Heck no, it was tunable x-ray vision. Blimey, if I'm going to fantasise about having a superpower, it's going to be one that works! ;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Oh I see (through) - so you can just peel back the layers by sort of focussing/defocussing your effort...

Could be quite scary though if you suddenly get fat blokes walking in the way when you're out and about and, errr... studying the sights. ;)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Perhaps one where I could cycle at an average of 32 mph no matter how old I get as long as I train by drinking heavily, smoking and laying around in bed.

Or having indestructible super-teeth so I won't need to go to the dentist.

Magic touch that milks cashpoints? (probably not needed if I have the teeth, I'd save enough money on dental bills)

Unlikely to be very useful in fighting crime/ rescuing citizens in peril etc.

Although with the teeth I could bite my way through metal, perhaps I could rescue someone from the wreckage of a vehicle or something.

Weed-fighting rays that shoot out from my eyes would be useful down the allotment.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
palinurus said:
Although with the teeth I could bite my way through metal, perhaps I could rescue someone from the wreckage of a vehicle or something

Except that it would be quicker to call the fire brigade and there'd be less chance of lacerating my gums.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
arranandy said:
Invisibility. No further comment required;)
After years of thought on the subject, I've come to the conclusion that invisibility would be the most dangerous superpower to have. You would need to be razor sharp in avoiding the unexpected movements of people who could not see you, and sooner or later you would come a cropper as somebody innocently turns round with a chainsaw their hand.

Unless of course you wore a high vis tabbard, but the sight of a ghostly flourescent shape floating round the ladies changing roomstreets would scare people who would call the police, who would probably shoot you.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Don't be silly, Joe - why would you be watching someone with a chainsaw???? Unless of course they were naked and attractive... yes, I can see the problem now. :tongue:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Would jedi-like mind-control work at a distance?

<Campagnolo is better than Shimano>

<you really do need a Scottoiler>

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I had not really thought about these as super powers, but it is proving so elusive that perhaps it is:

The power to make people listen when I am trying to say something important, and not to interrupt with something mind-bogglingly mindless.

The power to make people realise that if I have an opinion, I sometimes really, really do not want to argue about it.

But above all, the power to make people realise that it is much better in the long run, not to tell lies, or cover up the truth, just because they think they "know what is best for me". (I excuse people with young children from this last one, they do know best how to handle it.)

Lastly, the power to ignore the OP, and state three superpowers instead of one.:tongue:;)

ZaP! "You are correct Speicher"

My superpower would be to decide if people are being reasonable or not and really make them feel nice - and reassured - if sound, and 'auto-reflect' if their reason is found wanting.
I would be everywhere at once...:tongue:

Top Bottom