what's the most useful/best thing you have bought?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
zipper bags.jpeg.jpeg
Excellent for keeping a phone dry, protecting downloaded paper maps, stopping fig rolls from going yukkie in your jersey pockets. Also good for light batteries and marshalling small stuff. Actually, for a couple of quid, these really are the kipper's knickers.

Ciar

Veteran
My baaabaa base layer amazing, as well as my pakajac neither cheap, but so far they have been commuted with and on MTB trails riding worked brilliantly, never cold and the base layer never smells.

jay clock

Massive member
A piece of what I call weapons grade cord to use as a washing line when touring. I tension it up to 5000% between two trees and can hang a wet tent on it in the breeze to dry.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
My thermal bib shorts are a bit of a god send. I've been wearing them since I bought them in September, only needing to add a pair of leg warmers for the coldest winter months so no need for bib longs. I'll be using them until summer when I'll swap over to normal shorts until September again.

Last edited:

R. Panda

Dynamo hub and compatible lights front and back. Less stuff to charge, lose and break. Best stuff for any utility bike, and I'm seriously considering them for my next sporty bike as well. Probably partly due to the sporty bike not being too sporty.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Tilly hat for my cycling.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My Dremel. Has got me out of all sorts of issues with seized nuts, burred heads on screes and allen bolts on the bike. Even cut off a seized crown race from a set of forks on the CX bike.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
A multi cooker. It roasts, steams, sears/sautés, air fry, pressure cooker and does stews or slow cooks.

Perfect for a post ride refuel.

It also makes cakes and even yoghurt. I have no oven. Just the multi cooker.

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
A handheld battery operated pump. It even came with a bottle holder that it fits into. Using a small portable hand pump to get to 70 PSI was impossible. This pump I got does it in about 90 seconds

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A handheld battery operated pump. It even came with a bottle holder that it fits into. Using a small portable hand pump to get to 70 PSI was impossible. This pump I got does it in about 90 seconds
Ohhh, I didn't know those even existed!
I want one, my hands aren't as strong as they used to be :blush:
Linky? :smooch:

Top Bottom