what's the most useful/best thing you have bought?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Another vote for the garmin and also route planning websites. I plot routes on ridewithgps using streetview to check out quite country lanes. I have cycled places I've never been in confidence of knowing I won't get lost. I live in Hertfordshire and now know areas of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire like the back of my hand and have some great routes across the 3 counties now stored in my head. Even if I don't use the mapping feature it's still a great device for recording all other ride information.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
currently my windstoper vest & water resistant Aldi wooly hat. £7 between them and making the cold early morning starts nice and toasty.

I got years of use out of a Topeak Alien multi tool.

all of these 3 have paid me back many times over.

stu9000

wild bivying all the way so accommodation is no real planning! might spend the hours though and plot it road by road for each day
Cheers Ed

Interesting!!

Ive been thinking of doing a bit of "wild bivvying". Have done a fair bit of camping and quite like the idea of a solo stripped down voyage down to Devon. In just trying to work out whether I can get away with a tarp and bag or whether I need the bivvy too.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Park tools bike stand

stu9000

No one has mentioned padded bib shorts yet I think!
Surely a Must Have.

Love Google Maps on my phone but it drains the battery with continuous use so a battery back up is essential.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I've asked the wife to get me one for my birthday in July.

I have the PRS-20 and its an amazing stand, makes cleaning and working on the bike a breeze and its super stable.
I personally thought stands were all pretty much the same but the park tools implementation has features you really don't think you want but find you can't live without.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Interesting!!

Ive been thinking of doing a bit of "wild bivvying". Have done a fair bit of camping and quite like the idea of a solo stripped down voyage down to Devon. In just trying to work out whether I can get away with a tarp and bag or whether I need the bivvy too.
have done a bit of bivying on private land with land owner permission but will be trying wild bivying soon
Cheers Ed

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
I have the PRS-20 and its an amazing stand, makes cleaning and working on the bike a breeze and its super stable.
I personally thought stands were all pretty much the same but the park tools implementation has features you really don't think you want but find you can't live without.
Mine's really cheap, but it works quite well, at least until you want to work on the forks or headset :blush:
http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/pro...ct=browse/accessories/workstands-bike-storage

Top Bottom