What's the point of ignore lists?

Should we get rid of the ignore list?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Abitrary said:
Simoncc is in a way like dissident soviet poet Alexander Solzhenitsin, in the way he criticised the state and had to be sent to people's ignore lists for penance.

Solzhenitsin had interesting and original things to say, and was sent to a gulag as a result.

SimonCC has boring and repetitive things to say, and some people have chosen to ignore him as a result.

In what way do you think they are like each other?

Smeggers

Its quite admirable and dignified of simoncc not to have responded.

Flying_Monkey said:
So we're not allowed to find his constant barrage of deliberately ignorant selfishness offensive and wearying?

People sometimes find me pretentious, pompous and boring. I know because they tell me openly on the forum.

Yes, but this is only sometimes and not only are you very often right, but there's no nastiness in you.

Unless you've just had a Turkey Twizzler. :smile:

Bad Company

Very Old Person
Patrick Stevens said:
Yes, but this is only sometimes and not only are you very often right, but there's no nastiness in you.:

Blimey FM often right:ohmy:. I'm not so sure about that. No nastiness though and no resorting to abuse.;)

jonesy

Guru
I've only got Absinthe Minded on my list; and that is simply because I sometimes read this forum at work and don't want to download pages of expletives.

jonesy

Guru
Abitrary said:
Simon can be a bit dogmatic sometimes, but these hateful admissions about ignore lists amount to nothing short of cyber-bullying.

http://yp.direct.gov.uk/cyberbullying/

If this was the US, he could sue for this. But I'm sure he's bigger than that... unlike some of you lot.

So you think people shouldn't post things that are 'hateful'? Presumably this means you won't be using insults like 'spasmo' again then?

Abitrary

mjones said:
So you think people shouldn't post things that are 'hateful'? Presumably this means you won't be using insults like 'spasmo' again then?

Yes, yes, I am chastened. I always enjoy reading your posts and think you are one of the venerables who have made this forum into something more than a mere cycling forum.

But if you enjoy giving people a kicking when they are down, then so be it. I've been bullied before. I can take it.

jonesy

Guru
Abitrary said:
But if you enjoy giving people a kicking when they are down, then so be it. I've been bullied before. I can take it.

Er, I thought it was simoncc who you were defending from (alleged) bullying? When did you become the victim?

Abitrary

mjones said:
Er, I thought it was simoncc who you were defending from (alleged) bullying? When did you become the victim?

We are all victims in some way or other. The random injustices of life are carrion for the bully.

Yes I do defend people people like simoncc when I think that the cut and thrust is unfair. But I rest assured that if ever I was bullied, then he would be there for me.

Abitrary

Flying_Monkey said:
So noble it brings a tear to my eye. But just the one...

Says he who started the trend of ignoring simoncc. The original cyber-bully. I bet you look like robo-cop in real life.

Abitrary

Flying_Monkey said:
BTW, what are you drinking tonight, Abitrary? Mine's a large bottle of very chilled fino sherry...

Ha! you fancy me you big gaylord. Sort out your sexuality before you start fancying trixy gits like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom