What's the point of ignore lists?

Should we get rid of the ignore list?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bad Company

Very Old Person
lech said:
what's the point of going on a forum where people only toe a line you like?

Ignore lists have nothing to do with contrary opinions, just single-note obsessives like linford who make very little effort to seriously rebut points and resort to abuse rather than discourse

Whoooaaa hang on a minute - Kettle & Pot.:angry:

lech

You can see it in the Room101 thread. linford can't justify his speeding so he makes some offensive remarks aout posters and their families. Scratch an internet argumentative, get a sociopath. Nobody insulted him, I certainly didn't, but his response was a foul tirade. If I want to hear mental deficients rant against the world I'll go and sit near the winoes at the bus station, until then linford and others like him are ignored. It's like tuning out care in the community.

lech said:
You can see it in the Room101 thread. linford can't justify his speeding so he makes some offensive remarks aout posters and their families. Scratch an internet argumentative, get a sociopath. Nobody insulted him, I certainly didn't, but his response was a foul tirade. If I want to hear mental deficients rant against the world I'll go and sit near the winoes at the bus station, until then linford and others like him are ignored. It's like tuning out care in the community.

Definitely spinner's style. Now for the litmus test. :angry:

Boris Johnson is doing a cracking job as Mayor of London.

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
lol

If anyone is in doubt that lech is Spinners, then they really ought to start a BoJo thread. Now, to find a person not on his ignore list who will start such a thread!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
spire said:
Dell Boy, I'm worried about your ignore list! :biggrin:

AfromO I can understand, but AIS and Patrick??

Spire, when you reach my age, you'll be the same as me. Too little time. And too much blood pressure. What's wrong with giving yourself a break from something that is entirely unsatisfactory?

Put it this way - if you were on a LEJoG, what wouldn't you give to sleep through Preston?

There is, of course, the other side to it. It's a brilliant (if amazingly trivial) hermetically sealed joke. One that makes me chuckle every time I see a whole page of Linf's posts reduced to 'this twerp is on your ignore list'.

lech said:
what's the point of going on a forum where people only toe a line you like?

Ignore lists have nothing to do with contrary opinions, just single-note obsessives like linford who make very little effort to seriously rebut points and resort to abuse rather than discourse

What is the point in ban lists if those who ignore them keep re registering ?

Why were you banned again Spindrift ?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
very-near said:
What is the point in ban lists if those who ignore them keep re registering ?

Why were you banned again Spindrift ?

Ha! That's for dellzeqq. Revenge for the Gaia thing. And I'll be hurt if you put me on your ignore list.

theclaud said:
Ha! That's for dellzeqq. Revenge for the Gaia thing. And I'll be hurt if you put me on your ignore list.

Ta for that TC :biggrin:

Ignore lists are for people who can't engage in a debate without losing their temper when it doesn't go their way - you know who you are :ohmy:

U

User482

very-near said:
Ta for that TC :biggrin:

Ignore lists are for people who can't engage in a debate without losing their temper when it doesn't go their way - you know who you are :ohmy:

Mrs Pot, may I introduce Mrs Kettle?

(The speeding debate in Room 101 hasn't gone your way, and you got nasty as a result.)

Dan B

Disengaged member
very-near said:
Ignore lists are for people who can't engage in a debate without losing their temper when it doesn't go their way
Indeed, that's certainly one kind of people that I'd put on one.

User482 said:
Mrs Pot, may I introduce Mrs Kettle?

(The speeding debate in Room 101 hasn't gone your way, and you got nasty as a result.)

It certainly hasn't gone your way or else it would have burnt itself out by now.

You conveniently ignore any points I make issue with so pot and kettle indeed.

As for nasty, I think I have been very restrained given your obtuse and sanctimonious attitude. If you didn't drop so much when you come and empty my bins, I'd not get anywhere near as annoyed with you :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom