What's the point of ignore lists?

Should we get rid of the ignore list?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Flying_Monkey said:
You wish... just because my wife's away doesn't mean I 've switched sides...

If it was a choice to save the human race after a nuclear disaster, who would you impregnate, simoncc or mjones?

Abitrary

Flying_Monkey said:
What kind of a choice it that? Can't I have Bjork?

They are both borks most of the time, but the clock is ticking... which one would you put your cock in in order to save the humans?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I think I would rather let the human race die out... and I hope that something rather better evolved to take our place. And I think I need to go to bed now...

jonesy

Guru
Abitrary said:
If it was a choice to save the human race after a nuclear disaster, who would you impregnate, simoncc or mjones?

I fear you may have missed out on one or two fundamental points from your human biology lessons...

spire

To the point
dellzeqq said:
It is getting to them, not least because I can take the mickey and they know full well I'll never read their supposedly 'witty retorts'. I can even speculate as to the contents of their posts (Patrick Stewart - bottom humour, AiS - sack everybody, Bonj - nope I can't to Bonj, but, then again, who can?) and others can give me marks out of ten. It is, to be honest, an endless source of trivial amusement.
Here's the full list...
Andy in Sig andyfromotley bonj edwardcc GilesM Joe24 oneday Patrick Stevens snorri very-near
you can see that I've saved an awful lot of time reading the same-old same-old. Although I can't for the life of me remember why snorri is on the list. That might be a clerical error on my part.

Dell Boy, I'm worried about your ignore list! :biggrin:

AfromO I can understand, but AIS and Patrick??

yenrod said:
>And it means that some threads develop in a very strange way, you ask a valid question and never get a reply, etc.....

I routinely converse with certain 'people' but never get a reply ! - Pat Stevens is namely one of them....

I often have difficulty in understanding the conversation. :biggrin:

spire

To the point
Bad Company said:
Why did this thread turn up again today - After nearly a year!!!!

My quote was from a current thread not principally related to ignore lists, so I thought it better placed here1 :biggrin:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
As I said before, I could understand exasperation leading someone to putting simoncc on an ignore list and dealing out the same to Spindrift for his sheer odiousness but I'm afraid I don't get it the rest of the time (although I've never had such a list). As Zim said in the OP, it goes against the spirit of the forum and what's the point of going on a forum where people only toe a line you like? It's just strange.

lech

what's the point of going on a forum where people only toe a line you like?

Ignore lists have nothing to do with contrary opinions, just single-note obsessives like linford who make very little effort to seriously rebut points and resort to abuse rather than discourse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom