What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Two new gas-struts for my Octavia estates tailgate:okay:

They worked fine, taking the luggage out of the car, in Birmingham on Sat 23rd
Come time to put it back, on the following morning, I almost cracked my head, as it immediately started to drop

Last Thursday I found some on-line, as I daren't look at main-dealer prices, & ordered (about £25 for 2, inc; VAT & delivery)
I took the defunct ones off this morning, it took me longer to find a suitable length of wood to hold the tailgate open, than to take the old ones off

One had no resistance to closing, the other, I could basically put my full weight on, without it moving

I'll knock them on, in the morning, should be even quicker than removing them, as I don't have to knock the clips out

kiwifruit

Über Member
Received today just tried it on, normally a medium went one size up and fits perfectly.
20190404_132051.jpg

Yesterday, the last remaining photos of a group that I spotted for sale on the Bay of E.

I'd originally only bought the ones that I liked as they weren't cheap, but then realised it would be wrong to break the group up as they were published in the same article - which I have in a scrapbook.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Can I post a trailer? :whistle: (I didn't mean that I have a physical trailer which needs to be sent to someone; I meant can I tell you what postie should be delivering in the next week or so!)

My cyclist cousin has just been here for the Tour de Yorkshire weekend and I spotted him checking my bikes before he left. When I asked why he said that he was looking to see if any of them had a BB30 bottom bracket; my CAADX does.

He has replaced his BB30-compatible SRAM power meter cranks with something newer and flashier. He is going to send me the old ones so I can use them with the Garmin Edge 500 that he donated to me a couple of years ago. I always fancied fitting a power meter to one of my bikes but couldn't afford one so I am looking forward to getting this new toy.

I was saying to my cousin that I can't ride as fast on the CX bike as on my non-BB30 best bike, but he pointed out that that isn't relevant. Power measurement is about effort put in, not speed achieved.

I'll report back when the cranks have arrived and I have done a test ride.

I reckon I will find that I am only producing 150-200 W!

Heigue'r

Veteran
Some new tools over the last couple of weeks,carpentry related.Needed to update my kit,not that there was anything wrong with it but the newer stuff makes life easier.

A race programme from 1988 signed by my favourite racing driver and his older brother. :blush:

I've managed to personally acquire the latter's autograph on a number of occasions, but never the former. :cry:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Nothing today being a bank holiday, but I am still waiting for an engraved cat disc which I ordered online, from a British website but supposedly is coming from America? Three weeks now and it hasn't turned up yet. What can you expect for £8.50:angry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nothing today being a bank holiday, but I am still waiting for an engraved cat disc which I ordered online, from a British website but supposedly is coming from America? Three weeks now and it hasn't turned up yet. What can you expect for £8.50:angry:
I got my engraved medical dog tag from a UK company advertising on Amazon. IIRC it was about £2, including the engraving and delivery, and came in a few days!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok,time for a stupidity confession. I ordered some shiny black 15 inch wheel trims off fleabay. A bargain at just over a tenner. When they came the other day I took them out the huge over packaged box(about 3ft square:ohmy:) and went to my car to put them on. No matter how I tried they just wouldn't go on. Then after looking closely at my tyre size it said 14 inch. Yet when I measured the wheel diamiter i'm sure it came out at 15 inch:scratch:. A neighbour came out and said i'd ordered the wrong size. 'Er no I didn't,i definitely ordered 14 inch ones'. I'll be emailing them asap to demand a refund' said I.:whistle: I've just put the 'huge' box out for the recycling wagon which is on it's way. I'll tell him they told me to send the trims back for a full refund and they apologised for their mistake and will send me some 14 inch ones out. In reality i'll give them away or bin them if no one wants them.:secret:I can't send them back as one broke as I was trying to hammer them on.:blush:

Last edited:
Top Bottom