What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
More lights....

IMG_20190911_125124.jpg

This Is Cambridge rain cape (in bright pink!:becool::ohmy:) plus some socks and base layer and from Rapha a tech t-shirt,cpy of Mondial magazine and a Gillet for the better half which has to go back as it's too small:sad:.

Lullabelle

Banana
Two birthday cards ^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A box of bike bits. My cousin buys new stuff for his bikes, and donates a lot of the perfectly good old stuff that it is replacing to me!

This is what arrived today...

Box of bike bits.jpg

Miscellaneous mountain bike parts (derailleurs, shifters, disks, disk brake pads etc.) and the main item - power cranks! :smile:

He has upgraded to new ones and I will be fitting these to my CX bike so I can measure how pitiful my power output really is, and then try to improve on it. I already have a compatible Garmin GPS to use to display the data (my cousin's old GPS which he donated to me a couple of years ago when he bought his Wahoo Elemnt Bolt).

Globalti

Legendary Member
A pair of Shimano cycling shoes but I tried them and didn't like the fit. Still haven't found a pair i like. Then I had the bright idea of trying GtiJunior's Giro Savix shoes and really liked the fit, found that both CRC and Wiggle are discounting them to around £88, so ordered a pair in natty black and red to match my bike. Now gotta drop the Shimano shoes at a Collect+ depot....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A pair of Shimano cycling shoes but I tried them and didn't like the fit. Still haven't found a pair i like.
I had given up on Shimano shoes because of the stupid sizing, but I spotted some at a bargain price at Chain Reaction Cycles a few months ago and took a chance. I had previously found buying one size larger than usual was still not big enough so I went up two sizes this time. I would say that they are about 1/3 - 1/2 size too big but I take up most of the slack with the 3 velcro straps on each shoe. My feet don't move about and I have plenty of wiggle room for my toes.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Nothing. I was expecting the delivery of a long overdue book, but no, the postie went straight past. Complaint to Amazon on the way.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I remember when I made the move from mountain to road cycling and was chatting with my roadie neighbour about finding road shoes that suited me and he said: "Welcome to the cyclists's eternal obsession with finding suitable shoes"!

Top Bottom