What's the strangest thing anyone has shouted at you, from a passing car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
F***king numbnuts........how did he know my name

Will Spin

Über Member
Guy in an oldish BMW, no passengers, slowed down beside me as I was going down hill lowered the passenger side window to tell me I was taking up too much space.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Not a driver to a cyclist but a cyclist to a woman horse rider:

Cyclist: "Fancy a swop?"

Rider: "Oh, no thank you!"

Cyclist: "I wasn't talking to you; I was talking to your horse!"

(Never actually heard it and never had the nerve to say it either!)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I had something shouted at me from a passing car which I didn't understand but was presumably an insult.

The shouter was a young man in the passenger seat of a Vauxhall Corsa, so it may have been a case of 'yoof speak' as mentioned above.

One thing I have concluded from that and a couple of other encounters is that nearside electric windows have a lot to answer for.

I believed the approved reply is "so's your mum"

(substitute "girlfriend" or "wife" where appropriate)

I was too young to know about that kind of thing when I was 11-12.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Stopped at the lights a eastern european sounding van driver looked me up and down in my full club go faster lycra gear and said in a very conversational matter of fact way " I don't like what your wearing" . I cant remember my reply.
Sorry, but ... :giggle:
I used to get shouted at a lot, before I discovered a segregated route to work.
The most bizarre has been a British Gas van man, shouting something very abusive on passing me. Of course I could not hear what was said, but I could have reported him easy to the company.

Proto

Legendary Member
Not a verbal exchange, and not cycling related, but on my motorcycle (Fireblade), I pulled up at some traffic lights in Germany (near Saarbrucken). Car pulled up alongside, two middlel aged women inside. Drivers window goes down, hand comes out and she starts stroking my leathers, my arm and chest. They chatted away in German. No idea what to say or do, so I just sat there until the lights changed and I went on my way.

keithmac

Guru
I had a "nice legs, what time do they open?", from a car with 3 ladies in it.

Confusing but made me smile all the same!.

Also had a yoof in passenger side shout something illegible while I was waiting at a roundabout, just happy that my 4 year old daughter has a better command of the English language!.

Top Bottom