What's the strangest thing anyone has shouted at you, from a passing car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I got water pistoled from a passenger... .. fu@#er got me right in the ear.
Are you quite sure it was water? :ohmy:

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
A young man driving a Corsa once shouted "Love yer Jaffa Cakes, mate!" to the sounds of hooting approval from the back seat, which was jammed full of young ladies. It was on a rather unpleasant, busy roundabout but the driver was unintentionally shielding me from the rest of the traffic, so I'll let him off.

More recently, someone almost run me down head-on on a narrow single-track road. He then slammed on his brakes, somehow turned his volvo estate around, and drove up beside me screaming "GET OUT OF MY WAY, I'VE BEEN TO A FUNERAL TODAY!". Whilst wearing a very silly hat.

stephec

Legendary Member
I one had someone wolf whistle at me and give the limp wristed sign.

I thought I looked good in my pink jersey with a shaved head, and I almost fell off my bike laughing.

I've been whistled at by a car of young girls as well, although I'm not sure they were entirely serious. :smile:

crazyjoe101

I've never had anything that unusual, just the normal occasional moaning or heckling.
I have however got engaged in various conversations with drivers at traffic lights which is quite surreal normally, just having a friendly chat through a car window.
How much space do you want? From a black cab driver.
That's got to be one of the most usual things in this thread!

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
How much space do you want? From a black cab driver.
Had a very close pass when about 50 meters from a closed level crossing last summer. I approached the driver and politely explained he passed me dangerously and his reply was "Well you are wide with those things on the side".

That is, the two panniers on the side of the rack. Neither of which were wider than the edges of my handlebars. I pointed this out, he didn't understand, I got back in line. You can bring a horse to water...

Top Bottom