What's the strangest thing you've had thrown at you from a passing car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Applause from a boy racer and his mate as I overtook them going downhill whilst chasing a Strava segment

Not had anything thrown at me (yet) but:-

I had a young lad shout at me when they went past. He was leaning half out the passenger window. I eventually caught up to them at a junction. I asked him to role down the windo and he refused.
What surprised me, is that he was about 14 with a man in the drivers seat who was a lot older and I presume was his father.
Why would a father allow his child to do something like that?

I was one filtering on the right a line of traffic, as I got close to the junction I was shouted at by a couple of women in a car. I went over and they said that they has seen me every morning going past there car.
They gave me a Christmas car that said 'happy christmas to the boy on the bike" which was nice seeing that I am over 40.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
What I don't get about this is why people do it . They wouldn't throw something at someone while walking down the road . They would get a slap :eek: I guess if you are on the open road and then think you wont be caught could be the reason but ive had something thrown at me while they where sat in traffic :blink: I watched the passenger look in the mirror before throwing something out the window but she stopped when she saw me in the cycle lane . Then as I passed she threw what I thought was a lit cigarette ( it was chewing gum ) I stopped right away as I thought it had gone inside my top so then had the pleasure of telling them they where a couple of tossers .
If my passenger threw something out of the window at someone I would stop and tell them to walk the rest of the way .

I've mentioned before the vegetables thrown from cars at Leytonstone riders. An old gentleman was killed, I think by a cabbage or something.

Wightdragon

Blown kisses from two girls much younger than me!!

Leslie Merry, 56, Leytonstone, East London, died
after being hit in the back by a turnip thrown from a
car on July 14. He sustained a punctured lung and a
rib which was fractured in three places. The death
was being linked to a spate of similar incidents,
including a jogger being seriously injured after
being hit by a cabbage.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
An egg, which exploded as it hit me in the chest - it really hurt, and frightened the life out of me.
I used to cycle a scenic route after work once a week with a colleague and his wife. The same car load of idiots chucked eggs at us two weeks on the trot, and yes - they do bloody hurt! I kept thinking what a mess they would make of an eye ...

I don't know if they were up there chucking eggs the third week - we decided to find a new route.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh, not exactly 'thrown' .. a mouthful of thick green phlegm, deliberately dumped into my face by the passenger in a commercial van.

He seemed to think it was the most amazingly funny thing that one could do to a complete stranger out on a sunny evening ride. I was so upset by it that I turned round and went home.

classic33

Leg End Member
I used to cycle a scenic route after work once a week with a colleague and his wife. The same car load of idiots chucked eggs at us two weeks on the trot, and yes - they do bloody hurt! I kept thinking what a mess they would make of an eye ...

I don't know if they were up there chucking eggs the third week - we decided to find a new route.
Eggs do hurt, but I don't class it as an odd object to have thrown at me, and a few years ago a reporter for the local paper had meat pies thrown at him in Sowerby Bridge.

When I was out on my motorbike many years back, I had someone empty a kiddies potty out the back window.
Luckily (?) it only contained liquids and no solids / semi-solids and most of it missed me. Even so, I was obviously not very chuffed and expresed my disapproval to the occupants as I came alongside them and I was greeted with a 2 finger salute from the (supposed) guilty party. I did think about trying to force them to stop somehow and "have words", but the driver looked to be a bit of a greb, so I thought better of it and passed them and left. I did think about reporting it, but decided that it would probaly be a waste of time and I didn't bother (my word against theirs and all that).
What the hell is your avatar. Is that an injury you had. If so, thumbs up soldier :thumbsup:

Top Bottom