Whats the worst bike you've brought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
Second hand Raleigh Explorer MT20. :biggrin:

Had to start somewhere

gavintc

Guru
OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

Greenbread said:
That's a funny looking bike! Why was you even close to buying it? :-s

A cheap but fun bike to ride to/from work.
Thankfully I realised that it would be neither!

My worst bike has to be the un-known named duel suspension bike I brought from Aldi. (It was my first bike). Took it back for a refund when I bucked the wheel trying to ride it home.

Greenbread

RedBike said:
A cheap but fun bike to ride to/from work.
Thankfully I realised that it would be neither!

My worst bike has to be the un-known named duel suspension bike I brought from Aldi. (It was my first bike). Took it back for a refund when I bucked the wheel trying to ride it home.

Buying a bike from Aldi is beyond frugal...

...I'm on the hunt for a decent second hand bike. Even the quality 'entry level' ones a pretty steep brand new.

My worst was probably my Rock Rider - I think that's what is was called - from Decathlon. Paid about £100 or so for it on sale. Got stolen a few months after.

A Raleigh Tundra...didn't realise so much could be wrong/go wrong with a simple bike in such a short amout of time!

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't think I could criticise any of my bikes too much tbh. None were expensive, all have worked as intended. I know I have fallen badly out of love with my old low end 15 speed MTB lately but it isn't really the bike's fault, it's just I ride on tarmac mostly and that isn't really what an MTB does best.

jimboalee

I bought an old Dawes for a fiver.

Then the guy told me he'd reversed his car into it.
I took a second look at it.

I stripped it to the bare frame, got two lengths of steel bar, put one bar in a big vice and used the other bar to bring the seat and head tubes back to parallel.

It was OK after that. I rode it for one winter and sold it for twenty five quid.

yenrod

>Whats the worst bike you've brought

The 1 ive got now until i replaced the majority of the parts WHEELS especially ! :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmm none have been bad. The first bike I bought was when I was 16 with my first pay - it was a Raleigh Road Ace - 531c frame, Shimano 600 (ultegra) - the only bad thing, it was slightly too big - 2cm, but that's it. The cranks, seat pin and brake callipers are still going fine on my Ribble, 23 years later.....

Top Bottom