whats under your cycle shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gordyfinbar

Über Member
Dont mean to sound like a perv but i was wondering what if anything people wear under their cycling shorts. I have been wearing underwear (boxer shorts) but it the seams rub and i find it uncomfortable after 30 or so miles . Would i be better advised to "go Commando" :blush:

Moby Jones

I always go commando, find it so much more comfortable. Got to wash the shorts each day though.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

subaqua

What’s the point
nothing clothes wise. did 1 ride in new shoertsa with boxers under and decided commando was the way forward, just liek it was when i was a teenager and cycling .

amazing how much you can forget in the 20 year gap

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Commando, which is how they're meant to be worn. A dab of Sudocreme for me for chaffe points.
G'wan, you know you want too ...

Basil.B

Guru
Sudocreme, what is that? I wear pants myself, then jeans on top of my shorts.
I'd feel a burke riding just in shorts, my legs are Tippex white!

subaqua

What’s the point
Every womans dream.

Orlando Bloom , Johnny Depp or a tefal steam iron deluxe ??

Basil, sudocrem is a nappy rash cream and its brilliant for preventing chafing and easing the soreness later if you do get chafed

and will remain that way!

I'm quite impressed how brown my legs have got this year just from half an hour on the bike morning and evening.

Ooh, commando under lycra, but sometimes stick cargo shorts over the top depending on if I am stopping off for a bit en route.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Sudocreme is nappy rash-cream suitable for sores etc. There are special 'Chamois ointments' available to apply to the nether reagions to reduce chafing during riding, some are mildly anaesthetic. However, Sudocreme is nice and thick, cheap as chips and works a treat, but Savlon, Vaseline, Zinc & Castor oil cream all help add comfort for long days in the saddle, especially when it's really warm like now.
Ditch the jeans, they're dreadful to ride in and you might find that a few rays of sunshine might just sort-out your skin colour (unless albino)!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Every womans dream.

chocolate-_antojo_bacteria.jpg

:biggrin:

Commando .

Top Bottom