What's wrong with you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Naively, I always just presume that all of the members of our much-loved forum are all super-human athletes who brave wind and rain to cycle more miles to work each day than I do in a week. They all have perfect health and laugh in the face of any affliction. However, reading some of the recent posts, I've come to realise that most of us have things that we live with every day. It's got me interested in what people put up with everyday but still love cycling - be it ingrowing toenails or loss of movement in certain limbs.

So what've you got?

I'll start - arthritis in both feet!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Are numbnuts and ColinJ banned from this thread because we already know what's wrong with them...

young Ed

Veteran
oh i'm terrible for this one:
refuse to ride in ice/snow (mainly)
dodgy knees and ankles (mainly a problem when running but occasionally cycling)
hyper mobility

my nice bike also has a problem or two..... it just doesn't work in any weather but a nice sunny day :sun: and it won't work if i'm wearing anything but lycra shorts and a real jersey :tongue:
Cheers Ed

Oldbloke

Guru
Bad temper and a very high parting

gbb

Legendary Member
Naively, I always just presume that all of the members of our much-loved forum are all super-human athletes who brave wind and rain to cycle more miles to work each day than I do in a week. They all have perfect health and laugh in the face of any affliction. However, reading some of the recent posts, I've come to realise that most of us have things that we live with every day. It's got me interested in what people put up with everyday but still love cycling - be it ingrowing toenails or loss of movement in certain limbs.

So what've you got?

I'll start - arthritis in both feet!

3 years ago, i felt i was that super human you describe. 53, cycled circa 130 miles a week, mostly fast and hard, lots of commuting, all weathers.

Pneumonia, pleurisy and tuberculosis two years ago have virtually taken me back 15 years. Just been signed off at the TB clinic.
Ok now barring a tethered lung and huge loss of fitness, plus put a stone on in weight.
Right now i'm almost an ex cyclist, i really can't be arsked to get out in this weather. Come the nicer weather, lighter evenings....

Despite that, i have my health in almost every other way. I'm not as good as i used to be, but compared to some...i'm ok for 56.

Drago

Legendary Member
Right arm plated at the elbow with Ti, restricts movement a little, permanent aches, pains and numb hand.

And if I'm honest I think my right hip is showing the first signs of wearing out :sad:

Top Bottom