What's wrong with your bike right now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
The engine is not as powerful as it was. Apart from that - bike is good.

Mandragora

Mine still clicks a bit on the down-stroke of the pedals, so it's gone in for a fix. Again. Might be my knees, though.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nothing at all is wrong with any of them, although the Pinnacle would benefit from new tyres - and will get them - before the winter commute resumes.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hmm I feel so much better about mine now....:okay:

I need new grips but still hunting for some I like, problem is I want to feel them before buying.
Saddle pointing slight upward.... Which is slightly uncomfortable but at least it's tight enough it's not shifting around
Pannier rack cracked but that doesn't seem to be causing any problems
Gears could do with a slight adjustment but not significantly out.
Could probably do with checking the air pressure in the tyres
Chain needs cleaning
Mudguard needs to be replaced as I'm sick if the botch repair that keeps breaking
Tyres are fine other than needing a Flint check.
Possibly could do with changing chain, and cassette and the chain rings (but I suspect by your definition it's not worn:whistle:)
But then I'd have to work out new cranks
I think the freewheel needs a little attention as it sometimes sticks.

Are you offering to do it?;)

Just looking on youtube for disc brake adjustment. Too much of a rub and not enough free wheeling.

potsy

Rambler
Blimey Tynan, it would have been quicker to list what 'wasn't' wrong with it :ohmy:

Are they mainly lack of funds, time or something else related?

Not much wrong with any of mine bar the hybrid which currently has no tyres fitted and will probably be given away soon to somebody in need of a basic but reliable bike.
The others are all fine, mainly due to their lack of use recently :whistle:

screenman

Legendary Member
I am feeling left out of this one, I have 5 bikes hanging up and another on the turbo, there is nothing wrong with any of them. To be fair I cannot think of any reason there should be.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Busted freehub, which I rectified by building a new wheelset, which are now going on the new bike, so I'm fixing the old freehub, so I can sell the old bike, so I can afford to build the new bike.

Top Bottom