What's your 30 mile time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

All the different numbers being thrown around. Needing to be able to hold sprints a 35 etc etc. I didn't even intend to start a thread here about racing but that's how its panned out.

I know I need to be faster, get group experience, race experience etc and I was looking for numbers to compare my 30 miles to here.

But as we are on subject, what speed should I be looking at averaging on my own before I would be capable of racing? 22-24 mph?

As I said earlier - if you can get near 20mph average for a 20 mile ride (less if your routes are hilly), you will be in the ballpark - but that's the minimum level needed. Circuit racing is all about being able to sustain high levels of effort for relatively long periods, and very high levels of effort for relatively short periods. And after riding at full gas for a few minutes, you've got to be ready to repeat that level of effort again and again, until either the elastic breaks, or the race finishes - whichever is sooner.

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
30 mins... in a car :laugh:

30 mile PB would probably be in the 1 hour 45 mark at a guess if I chose a very flat route which is almost impossible around where I live.
More realistically, I'd say 2 hour mark with hills and slopes.

Short of going round in circles which could be an option. Quite tempted to do a flat loop now!

Top Bottom