Whats your chainring size/s ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Uncle_Fluffy

48/38/28 with 14/28 cassette.

hi guys and girls im new to this site so im not sure where to post this but i ride a cipollini speed track bike that i have modified for road ie brakes and water bottle and i ride a single speed set up 82 tooth front chainring and 16 or 17 tooth freewheel on rear depending on terrain 172.5 cranks when i figure out site or if someone can tell me how i will post pics .

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
53/39 on the TT iron and the road bike. 46/36/26 on the Audax machine. 43 on the fixed. 44/32/22 on the mtb.

dodgy

Dullest thread ever*

Yes I know, coming into the thread to read it, then post something is optional. But it's still a dull thread.

Anyway. 50x23x33 42x89492309348209348234230482304 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

77, you just got to man up to it.^_^
i started with a 61 then 72 then 77 and kept going faster have settled on 82 x16 giving me 138 inch gear ,it suits my low cadence ,high torque style of riding .ian bowdler .a top time trialist in the uk uses a 77 predominatly on his tt bike with gears and does very well with it. if you want to look further into this a rather underated lady called beryl burton rode in the uk in the 50s destroying tt records and nearly every body on a bike ,she sadly is deceased now but she too rode big gears ,not quite what we are talking now but from what i can ascertain ,57x14 ,you should look her up ,she had a book out called personal best ,fantastic reading ,youll see her times and speeds which you wont beleive ,female ,houswife , child .worked on farm all day .no aero equipt ,part time rider

screenman

Legendary Member
Nik Bowdler, which is where I got my Willy waving number from.

In all honesty I have 5 bikes hanging up all ready to ride which I do often, I could not tell you what size chain rings any have on them though.

52/36 on the helium and 50/34 on the other two.Of those two the icarus will go the same as the helium as i like that combo but dunno yet about the planet x,that may go to a single cx chainset.

Top Bottom