Whats your conflict?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
gambatte said:
Ok, we've got the bad 'uns that pass too close and the good 'uns that wait behind.

Anyone noticed the ones that want to be seen as patient.....

They hang behind, but with their bonnet slowly creeping up (too close) on your outside. Suddenly they'll see a gap and accelerate - swinging out to give you an extra 6 inch of room.....

I react to those with a pushing back motion. I hate tailgating with a passion!

Mr Pig

For me it's tipper lorries and chavs flying past too close. We live near a quary and the main road through the village has traffic islands down the middle of the road. I've had tippers pass between me and an island! To look at the space you wouldn't think it was possible, I only know it is because I saw it 'very' first hand. I don't cycle to work in the winter, it's too risky.

And chavs that blast past and shout stuff at out the window. Drives you nuts as there's sod all you can do about it.

And people yelling at you for being there when you're in the right! Man you could go on all day eh? Sooner they invent the bike-to-car missile the better! ;0)

Tynan

Veteran
some of your right hand turns sound iffy, you should obviously turn when there's space to do so and then do it, giving the signal and waiting for traffic to help isn;t going to cut it at all, not in London anyway

that said I always try to plan routes to avoid right hand turns

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Door mirrored this morning - nothing too bad but driver hadn't seen me filtering on inside as I was level with the front wing.....just before lane splits into to two - he just turned for the pavement to squeeze through, from being stationery and a good three feet from the curb - boxed me out, I slam on, door mirror scrapes past under my forearm - for one second I thought the bar ends might have taken the window out.

Ah well part my fault, so didn't bang on his car - just passed him 50 yards further on the outside this time.

Indicate next time please, or look....

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Mr Pig said:
And chavs that blast past and shout stuff at out the window.

And the not-so-chavs who shout rude things about ones arse and boobs. Usually the 3-up in a white van variety :biggrin:

It's the only downfall to riding in the warmer weather, in shorts/vest etc. ;)

Mr Pig

I'm just home. Had a guy in a traffic queue yell 'f****** Idiot' at me as I passed him. Did nothing as I know that if I said something to him I'd end up smacking him one. Really, really pisses me off!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Mr Pig said:
For me it's tipper lorries and chavs flying past too close. We live near a quary and the main road through the village has traffic islands down the middle of the road. I've had tippers pass between me and an island! To look at the space you wouldn't think it was possible, I only know it is because I saw it 'very' first hand. I don't cycle to work in the winter, it's too risky.

And chavs that blast past and shout stuff at out the window. Drives you nuts as there's sod all you can do about it.

And people yelling at you for being there when you're in the right! Man you could go on all day eh? Sooner they invent the bike-to-car missile the better! ;0)

Get a helmet cam and post videos on the web, then send the link to the directors of the company, if there you are lucky it might have some effect. Sometimes you can get the police to take an interest, but sadly they are seldom interested in enforcing the law. Either way you get a small measure of revenge which is better than nothing...

Mr Pig

Hairy Jock said:
Get a helmet cam and post videos on the web, then send the link to the directors of the company

Such a good idea. Sadly a lot of the idiots where I live don't have a job to get fired from! Never seem short of the money for drink and drugs though.

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Mr Pig said:
Such a good idea. Sadly a lot of the idiots where I live don't have a job to get fired from! Never seem short of the money for drink and drugs though.

Yep had a van full of them on our industrial estate today "is there no scrap round here?"

yeah bright spark, but thanks to ISO14001 everyones got to separate it and get shut through approved contractors with an auditable papertrail. Don't think there was enough paperwork for the van to be on the road!

MERV

I had 3 today

Motorist at the end of my road didn't bother slowing down when he passed me from head on.(Leyton) Didn't really understand why he didn't slow down but I didn't panic.

Cyclist doing what motorists normally do and blocking the cycle lane in front of me from a turning.(Leyton) Had 2 options before he decided to move back.1) Stop of which I was doing or 2) go round him which was too dangerous.

Mobile phone idiot forgot he was indicating left all the way from the lights to the Waterloo rounderbout,because he was too busy on his phone.(Waterloo)

All caught on camera.

Mr Pig

One of the biggest scares I got was a coach just missing me. I was going up from Kirk O'Shotts towards Harthill and heard the coach coming up behind me at high speed. There was a car coming the other way and I rapidly realised that a: the bus was not slowing down and b: it was going to get to me about the same time as the car so would not be able to pull right.

I tried to hug the kerb as closely as I could without risking falling off and it just missed me. He didn't slow at all :0(

By the way, do you remember the coach driver who rolled his bus coming off the M25 near Heathrow killing three people? He used to work for us as a van driver. He drove like an idiot! How he got to drive a coach I don't know.

Top Bottom