Whats your conflict?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MERV

Scary.Glad you had your wits about you.Sometimes you do need them.

I was a bit dopey this morning and was riding in primary position for once and realised my positioning had to be altered as there was a car turning right so the car behind it was going to pull left.

yenrod

gambatte said:
What’s every ones usual or typical ‘conflict’ on the road?

I get plenty of close passes, but come to expect them and they’re usually done as soon as you notice them. Mr L200 is already in the distance.

For me the one that really gets to me is:

Approaching red lights/junction/’STOP’ sign, with someone already stopped in front.

I carry out lifesaver and early indication. Move into primary. After a few seconds in primary you notice someones trying to pass!!

It’s the main thing, for me, that causes a reduction in pressure in the Airzound reservoir.

RESPECT - i get that 25% of the time the other 75% is disgracefull !

Of that 75% most of them (car drivers) dont realise they're doing it !

PBancroft

Mr Pig said:
For me it's tipper lorries and chavs flying past too close. We live near a quary and the main road through the village has traffic islands down the middle of the road. I've had tippers pass between me and an island!

Oh God! The tipper lorries... and the noise when they drive up fast from behind as well makes you feel like they're about to run you down, and THEN they drive so close you fear you may have been right to feel that way. Jeez!

Plax

Guru
I nearly got hit by a caravan on the way home today. Driver overtook me, and as he was coming back in, the caravan was getting really close to me to the point where I had to practically cycle in the gutter to avoid it side swiping me.

Mr Pig

gbb said:
I would happily see them plough into the next bend and crash..and then happily cycle past.

I know how you feel. It's the frustration of being able to do nothing about them that gets to you. I don't agree with the guy who slashed all those car tyres in London a while ago but I understand how he got to the point of wanting to do it.

Tynan

Veteran
hmm

the last long steep hill leading to my turnoff for home, coming down that in primary at about 25mph, white transit waiting to turn right from a road on the right, has a good look at me and pulls out anyway, slowly and badly to my utter amazement and then makes no effort to accelerate, I didn't fancy an emergency stop at that speed on that hill with that in front of me so I flashed up the inside between him and parked cars, he might have thought he was leaving me that room, swerved back in front of him with much reckless shouting and fingering and self-gratification artist singing (from me)

he then followed me into my turning and I was absolutely ready for a row at that moment, but he bumbled past my house with a sheepish look

And today, bird steps out from the kerb, messing with a mp3 player, facing the wrong way, one, two three steps still not looking up, I swerve wider and wider from primary and then she steps out properly, still not looking, emergency stop from me, really close to knocking her down, my face a foot tops from hers, I say something about looking before stepping into a main road

she flounces off with 'you look where you're going'

I regret I lost it at that point, to the amusement of the workmen ten yards further up the road

grrr

Top Bottom