What's your next Audax?

Discussion in 'Audax, Brevet and Randonnee' started by goody, 20 Jun 2016.

1. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Veteran

Doing a 400 DIY next weekend

Heltor Chasca and Dogtrousers like this.
  2. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Veteran

I rode the Gospel Pass 200 last summer. A lovely ride organised by Stephen Poulton.
    Drinks (hot/cold) and a snack available at the start at the Norton village hall.
    The route heads out on minor roads across the Severn and Leadon valleys to the Forest of Dean and then traverses that on the A4136 dropping down into Monmouth. Northwest (B road/ minor roads) to Pandy; up the Llanthony valley, over Gospel Pass (549m) road surface a bit sketchy in places and cars driving it for recreation; very fast down to Hay; back into England for the return trip to Pandy on the NE side of Hay Bluff via Michaelchurch (long climb 240m in 2.9km with some short steep sections); and the final 1/3rd via Grosmont (gratuitous descent to info control and climb back out), Hoarwithy, Much Marcle (shop open), and Staunton back to Norton. Light almost to the 14 hour limit time (2200).

Plenty of parking at Norton if needed. The refreshments at Pandy VH are quite excellent and more than one could possibly consume: take a flapjack and a banana to get you there and that's all you need - plenty to eat there and to take with you for the middle and final third.

Food and decent beer (The Red Lion?) available at the Wainlodes campsite.
    My ride (with an error at 16km) at this link:
    View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/15070623

Heltor Chasca likes this.
  3. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

4. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

5. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

Arjimlad likes this.
  6. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

Great ! Will be good to see you again.

7. jiberjaber

jiberjaber Senior Member

Arjimlad and Heltor Chasca like this.
  8. jewbs

jewbs Regular

I did the Kelvedon oyster a couple of weeks ago and hoping to do knights templar next week.

jiberjaber likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    goody

goody Über Member

Did the Willy Warmer a couple of weeks ago (someone should report them to trading standards because it was anything but! still not regained all feeling down there , good job I've no use for it anyway.)
    Next should be the Chiltern Grit 200 if I can manage to log in the entry page is telling me my membership has expired.

10. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Veteran

DIY 400 a success

DP, jiberjaber, Heltor Chasca and 3 others like this.
  11. Donger

Donger Convoi Exceptionnel

Bill's Theocsbury Ramble (from Tewkesbury on 3rd March) looks like a not too challenging 110km. I'm going to have a go at it as it heads off into (for me) uncharted territory around Stratford on Avon, and it promises to be mainly A road-free.

Heltor Chasca and Dogtrousers like this.
  12. Kestevan

Kestevan Last of the Summer Winos

Mini northwest passage on Saturday fir me. Nice lumpy 120.

Here's hoping the recent snow and Howling gales take a back seat....

DCLane and Heltor Chasca like this.
  13. Donger

Donger Convoi Exceptionnel

Anyone ever done the Saracen Spring Century? I'm mulling over whether it is worth the drive up the M5 to Droitwich to do it in april.

14. OP
    OP
    goody

goody Über Member

Did the Chiltern Grit 200 definately not on form struggled a bit.
    Next one might be the Hard Boiled 300 did in 2015 so should know what to expect. :cry:

15. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Veteran

Followed by the Dorset Coast at 0745 the next day? See you there (on Sunday, not Saturday at 2am!).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice