What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Mr Pickwick's 200 this weekend

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Carmarthen Stopper 100km is on 18th March. Makes use of the Swiss valley path for a pleasant tarmacked traffic free section of the ride .Another of the highlights of this ride is the homemade Cawl and Rolls at the pub in Cwmdu. If its cold the fire will be lit. Quite a hilly scenic tour of Carmarthenshire but with generous time limit.

My favourite ride of all time ,the Carmarthen Snapper 200km is in june this year (not on the audax calendar yet.) Ths is a very scenic ride with a mixture of coastal and rural scenery ,not flat but most people find its not a hard ride and get round inn a quickish time if they want to.
Excellent controls including the Ferry Side Cabin for breakfast and a midday meal at the famous West end Café at Llandovery.

Hopefully will do my seventh Snapper this year.

Last edited:

Redlight

My favourite ride of all time ,the Carmarthen Snapper 200km is in june this year (not on the audax calendar yet.) Ths is a very scenic ride with a mixture of coastal and rural scenery ,not flat but most people find its not a hard ride and get round inn a quickish time if they want to.
Excellent controls including the Ferry Side Cabin for breakfast and a midday meal at the famous West end Café at Llandovery.

Yep, that's a lovely ride - you might recall me turning up from That London a couple of years ago and demonstrating my impeccable navigation skills on several parts of the route. Highly recommended and a great first 200 for any newcomers.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Yep, that's a lovely ride - you might recall me turning up from That London a couple of years ago and demonstrating my impeccable navigation skills on several parts of the route. Highly recommended and a great first 200 for any newcomers.
Yes I remember that ! A pleasure to meet you , glad you enjoyed your mystery tour of deepest darkest Wales.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm planning on doing a few down in deepest darkest Kent.

March -Man Of Kent 200 & The Kent Invita Gimpeur 100
April - Oasts and Coasts 300
May - Hop Garden 200 & @Trickedem 's Medway Marvellous 200
July - Fairies Half Flat 200
Sept - Thanet Platinum 110

Ajax Bay

Guru
I've shut my eyes and entered this one
I rode the Gospel Pass 200 last summer. A lovely ride organised by Stephen Poulton.
Drinks (hot/cold) and a snack available at the start at the Norton village hall.
The route heads out on minor roads across the Severn and Leadon valleys to the Forest of Dean and then traverses that on the A4136 dropping down into Monmouth. Northwest (B road/ minor roads) to Pandy; up the Llanthony valley, over Gospel Pass (549m) road surface a bit sketchy in places and cars driving it for recreation; very fast down to Hay; back into England for the return trip to Pandy on the NE side of Hay Bluff via Michaelchurch (long climb 240m in 2.9km with some short steep sections); and the final 1/3rd via Grosmont (gratuitous descent to info control and climb back out), Hoarwithy, Much Marcle (shop open), and Staunton back to Norton. Light almost to the 14 hour limit time (2200).

Plenty of parking at Norton if needed. The refreshments at Pandy VH are quite excellent and more than one could possibly consume: take a flapjack and a banana to get you there and that's all you need - plenty to eat there and to take with you for the middle and final third.

Food and decent beer (The Red Lion?) available at the Wainlodes campsite.
My ride (with an error at 16km) at this link: View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/15070623

Top Bottom