What's your OCD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Thought about it...no, no OCD for me :blush:
The only thing i can readily think of is the dishwasher...cups lined on one side, glasses on the other, spatulas etc down the rack, big plates one side, small the other...you get the idea.
Every time i open the bloody thing..i have to rearrange it all to make it right, everyone else in the house just piles it in :evil:

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Volume control on any appliance must be on an even number, unless it's 15 which is okay and better than 14 which is not good. In fact any volume control with 4 has to be bumped up to the nearest 5 as any 4 is bad.

+1

Always put on my left sock, glove, shoe etc before the right one.
Have to have the car radio on station 1 before I turn it off.
Hangers (and the shirts on them) always face the same way.
CDs & DVDs all in alphabetical order - I don't care about books though.
Shirt sleeves have to have the same number of folds if I roll them up.
Same number of clicks on the ratchets on my bike shoes (I adjusted the velcro straps so that they are the same tightness).
Always wash my hands after putting something in the wheelie bin, even if I don't actually touch the bin with my hands.
ALWAYS correct spelling mistakes in my posts.

Plus probably loads of others that I can't think of right now.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
amnesia said:
CDs & DVDs all in alphabatical order - I don't care about books though.
[...]
ALWAYS correct spelling mistakes in my posts.
Always?

So, how much did that cause you to panic, then. :evil:

buggi

Bird Saviour
can't leave the house without checking all the plugs are out about 50 times! and now i've started on the cooker knobs. help!

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Originally Posted by Maz That's not odd at all.
ColinJ said:
Yeah, even I would do that! :blush:
Are we still talking about poisoning dinner-party guests?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ben Lovejoy said:
Are we still talking about poisoning dinner-party guests?
I did that once, but I swear that it was an accident!

My then g/f's mother and brother turned up uninvited when I was making a veggie curry. I had to hastily double the size of it to feed 4 instead of 2 and got my calculations a bit wrong. I put too many chillies in and decided that the way to fix that was to disguise that with extra curry powder. (Huh?)

I ended up making it ridiculously hot, even by my unsubtle standards. It's the only time that I've ever experienced people actually spitting out food that I've cooked! :blush::blush::smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I recognise some of the above traits in myself:
Loo roll - paper hanging to the front
Dishwasher - things have their places that nobody else seems to know ... can't stand putting anything in the dishwasher after someone else has started and mucked up the system.
Packets - have to open at the top - occasionally I challenge myself but it feels very odd
When the clocks change/stop - always wind the hands clockwise - can't go backwards - even if I miss the time and have to go through the sequence again.
I take photos of the bikes in the shed at school every day - I'm trying to wean myself off this on but I have literally thousands of photos of them.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Rhythm Thief said:
Errrr ... why? That's quite odd.

It started a couple of years ago as a two week survey of bike shed usage for the Safe Routes to School. But I forgot to stop after two weeks and decided to collect a year's data. And it got to the point where I actually recognised each child's bike and vaguely how often they rode to school.

The caretaker has been known to ask me if I know who a particular bike belongs to:blush: I've managed to restrain myself so that I don't feel all panicy if I don't take the pic's for a day or two but I can't loose the habit completely. I don't even do anything with the photo's anymore... just take them. My friend who has a son with serious OCD problems looks at me and laughs (but would like me to stop for my sake:smile:).

Top Bottom